The Start Of A Disaster

The sun fell beneath the up-stretched mountains, rays peeking through the gaps, and a clear night began waving over the sky above the Encanto. From above, flickers of lights and sparklers could be seen throughout the streets, dotting the corners.

Every house was decorated with colourful lights that wrapped around the frames of their homes, patterned with hues of oranges, yellows and reds, creeping its way through the village roads.

Although each house was brighter than the next, none of them could've matched up to the Casa Madrigals', clearly standing out more than the rest. Isabelas' flowers illuminated next to the light strings hanging around the building, candles were lined up on both sides of the path leading up to the entrance of the Casita, and a glorious amount of colour spilled throughout the house.

Inside, the house exploded with life. Everywhere you looked you could see lively festivities in action, with citizens talking amongst themselves and with other people.

Although there were people already from earlier, more had began to arrive, admiring the beautiful decorations spread around in every direction. Some people chattered about how they were happy to have experienced this kind of event once again, others stared in awe at the activities around them, excited to see if a gift ceremony was really how their parents described it, considering most of the people attending their first gift ceremony were children.

Outside, at the front, Mirabel stood near the entrance and greeted the new groups of people arriving as the line of people slowly became fewer and fewer. Luisa took care of peoples belongings, and carried them upstairs where they would be kept until the ceremony concluded.

Inside, Isabela entertained the guests with beautiful flowers, handing pink roses to kids walking up to her, and red roses to elderly people, who graciously thanked her, and blessed her as if she was the angel they all knew they needed.

Further away, a man stood near Isabela, smiling lovingly. He was popular among the many women of the Encanto, having scored himself dozens of requests to have dinner with him. Some girls were beautiful and wealthy, while others lacked both, but had kind hearts. He could've chosen any of these girls to be his supposedly "future wife". Yet, his eyes only gazed at one, his heart only longed for one. Another elderly stood next to him, brushing his straight, brown hair out of his face.

"Come along Mariano, we need to go arrange something with the other Madrigals,"

Camilo stared at all of this, unable to think of anything to do. Perhaps he was spooked from the 'dream' he had earlier. Perhaps he was thinking of the time he looked at all of these when he was getting his gift, in the same spot, overwhelmed.
He didn't know, but he reminded himself that he didn't have time to think about what had happened in the past, he just needed to focus on the future.

But he was even worried about the future.

Camilo crossed his arms tighter, standing next to the empty door behind him. He took a deep breath and made his way downstairs towards the curtains, since he really wanted to at least catch a glimpse of his younger brother.

Before he gave his soul away to a curse. Forever.

Camilo slipped behind the curtains looking for Antonio, but found Felix and Pepa instead.

"Oh, Camilo there you are, we've been looking for you," Pepa sighed. "Do you know where Antonio is?"

"No, I was looking for him as well.." Camilo shrugged.

"Dolores, can you find him?" Felix asked. Dolores strained her ears for any sign of her brothers whereabouts. Although it was hard to notice, Camilo saw her body tense up as she listened, he knew that having to hear everything was painful for her, and even worse when she forced herself to listen. Dolores suddenly perked up a bit.