Hawthornes and Steeles

Pin awoke in a unfamiliar room that DEFINITELY was not his..it was a light pink room with a vanity, Polaroids of Raven and Zoe, Becky and Jade, Marcus..even Mia and Susie..he suddenly realized he was in Zoe's room..and the whole incident came flooding back into his mind as he sat up in the bed. His head hurt slightly, his arm had the same dull ache it had before nothing different..and he realized Zoe KNEW..she knew about her mom, she knew about his epilepsy, and she knew about his fear..shit was the word that came to mind as he swung his legs over the side of the bed coming to a standing position as he heard voices down the stairs.

"You DATED Ted and you didn't even tell me?! How long?!"

Pin shook his head at Zoe's voice...he knew exactly how long

"3 years-"
"3 years"

Pin thought at the same time Maggie answered.was that, regret? He heard in her voice..he didn't question it continuing to listen.

"And...how long has he had his..uh.conditions?"
Zoe asked her voice a tone softer...

"Oh no"
Is what Pin thought as he looked to his hands that laid free no gloves as a barrier.

"He's had epilepsy as a little kid...his uh..his condition..I kept up with the foster homes he was in...it developed after Ted died."
Maggie said as emotion filled her voice.

"How did he die?"
Zoe asked again.

"She doesn't know when to give up does she?"
Pin thought to himself as he resisted the urge to bolt down the stairs and out the door.

"He..they were taking a cruise on one of Elliot's boats..Mia's dad, and there was an accident and the..the boats engine exploded...P Pin had to use Ted's body to float until he came to shore...he's hated touch ever since.."
Maggie tearfully explained as Pin found a tear running down his cheek as the memories resurfaced of that night.

Cold

Water

Ted

His hands

All he could feel and smell was death

He stuffed his hands in his pockets to feel the familiar covering of his jacket..no skin, just his jacket. Zoe was silent as a couple moments passed...

"Why did you leave?"
Zoe asked after the silence seemed to stretch for too long.

"After Emerald died..I seemed to forget how much Pin needed me..I kept in touch but I barely got a response back..Pin's mom left when he was 5 and only ever got postcards..I guess my texts were a lot like post cards, I followed up until Ted died and then..then I still did until I found out he was moving right across from us..but I couldn't find the strength to talk to him.."

"What's his real name?"
Zoe asked after clearing her throat, now it was Pin's turn to make a move as he moved down the stairs avoiding all eye contact with the Steele girls.

"Pin! Your awake..how are you feeling?"
Maggie asked wiping the tears quickly from her face.

"I'm fine..thank you..."
Pin said awkwardly finding his pockets didn't bring as much comfort as he thought.

"How's your head?"
Zoe asked seemingly that was the only question that came to mind after Maggie was interrupted.

"Fine..."
Pin was going to leave it at that until Maggie gave him a look that he recognized all too well..she would use it when he wasn't telling the truth about he was feeling..and someone how felt himself falling for if.

"It hurts..not alot I'll be fine.."
Pin answered some of the ice melting from his voice.

"There we go that wasn't so hard...now..Pin it is very late..will you be fine on your own?"
Maggie asked as she busied herself by wiping her hands on a towel.

"I've been fine..I'll be fine.."
Maggie didn't miss the hidden jab in his words.

"Right...goodnight Pin..Zoe will see you tomorrow."
Maggie said as she smiled walking into the living room leaving Zoe to walk Pin to the door.

"Sooo...see you at school tomorrow?"
Zoe asked trying to clear the awkward tension that hung heavily in the air.

"Yeah..this..t this won't get out will it?"
Pin asked as Zoe picked up on the fear in his voice as he spoke.

"Of course not! Pin I'm not a monster..you have reasons you didn't want me to know...you obviously still do and I respect that.."
Zoe said keeping she contact as Pin soaked in her words.

"Right..see you tomorrow then.."
Pin said a faint smile on his lips as he walked a few steps to his door and went inside..leaving Zoe feeling awfully relieved, there were no more secrets that she knew off...but what will she tell Sam about the sedatives?! That was a bridge they would both cross when the time came...Zoe didn't know what she should do with this information..did Mia know what happened? If she did why was she so mean to Pin?...unless she was told a different story?...and what was Pin's name..and what other secrets is Hawthorne keeping out of reach from her?

Sneak for the next chapter down below!

"PIN! PIN PRESS THE BRAKES! W we're heading for the river!"
Zoe screamed as she held tight onto Pin's arms the expensive and fancy car Elliot had told them to drive to his warehouse was hurdling down the road, headed straight for the river...
Pin's eyes widened his hands freezing their attempts to turn the steering wheel.

"T the river?!"
Pin exclaimed his voice shaking as he turned to Zoe hurriedly.

"Yes! If you don't press the breaks-"

"I'm TRYING THEY WONT WORK!"
Pin yelled before he was cut off by a scream

"HOLD ON!"
Zoe yelled as the car plunged into the river Zoe's and Pin's screaming echoing until the car hit with a

BANG

A few moments passed before Zoe gasped for air coming up to the water surface hanging onto the roof of the car the only part that wasn't submerged, Zoe coughed and spluttered until she looked around frantically

"Pin?!....PIN?! WHERE ARE YOU-"