Rescue Mission

"You're right... see that tree-"
Bree nods her head slightly
"Usually after something sketchy stuff goes down we meet at the tree. He's not here  which means I have to go and find him."

I fall back into my seat and clench hands full of curls again.

"It's going to be okay... I can feel it."

I drop my hands and look over at her.
She sat there twiddling with her thumbs again like yesterday on her bed.
Her hair forming  a curtain between us.
It didn't matter, I don't need to read her expressions to see that she was nervous.

A exausted breath blows through my lungs. She doesn't understand and I can't explain it to her. I want to though.
I want her to understand, I want her to know whats going on. I know even then she wouldn't run. 

"Bree... I'm not so sure, but I really hope your right..."

I switch on the car and reverse out of the parking. Bree's curious face watches as I perform my un discussed plan.

"Im dropping you off at your home. If you step on it you'd be back before first period thats in 30 minutes."

"What? No! What about you?"

"I know where I'm going Bree. I'll be fine and Ill be back tomorrow."

It doesn't seem to phase her at all that were going 200km per hour.

She opens her mouth to say something again, but decides to swollow her words before they even have the chance to surface.

I ignore her decision and focuse on the road.

As soon as we stop infront of her house I get out of the car and hand the keys to her. I walk back to her side and open the door for her.

I feel like I'm in some sort of trance. Only seeing the picture of Caleb's lifeless body.

As soon as she is safely in the car I turn myy back on her and start my journey to Caleb.

"Lucas! Please don't just leave... what if you're right? What if something bad happened and it happens to you to?"

She stops me in my tracks and once again an ocean of guilt washes me into that reef.

I turn to see those same tears in her eyes. Oh, how they burn me more than they burn her.

I'm drawn to her like a magnet.
I cup her soft face in my hands. Holding her makes me feel like I could take on the world, and right now I really needed that confidence. What she doesn't know is that i'm probably on my way to do a body recovery of my best friend. How screwed up is that?

"Bree. I will come back."

I exaggerate my every word trying to get through to her. Even if I did find him... in that condition, pain shoots through me internally as the images flash infront of me, I would find a way to crawl my way back to her through that hell.

"Okey...."

She shuts her eyes.

"Bree, look at me."

I raise her head to meet my eyes.

Her silver eyes turned blue from her tears and somehow such a awful thing affected them in such a beautiful way.

"Okay?" I questioned her trying to make her understand my reassurance.

She sniffed and the way her nose scrunched melted my heart.

"Yeah, okay."

I nodded at her and let go of her cheecks.

"Use those mad driving skills of yours. You're going to be late."

She throws the car into reverse and I just stand there watching her speed away. She really did drive like a crazy person. But she never made any mistakes. She's perfect.

I waited until she flew around the corner before I started my way down the street to Roman's house.

Before I knew It I had been running for a few minutes and currently I find myself infront of the bone chilling house.
This place has claimed so many lives. On the outside it looked so normal, well besides the fact of it baing a 3 story mansion with a massive garden and golden gate.

My eyes travel all over the place. No cameras. No armed men. And a low fence, easily jump-able, and best of all no sign of Roman.

Soon enough my hands touched the cold metal door handle.
I pushed open the door and I'm greeted by a silent eery feeling. Calling out to Caleb wasn't an option, if I werent alone in here that might just kill me.

The sound of muffled music draws me upstairs. I walk up te stairs in a hurry to get Caleb the hell out of here.

At the end of the dark hall a light marks the origin of the music. 
Some type of ear numbing metal music blasts from the speaker and voices intertwine with the the sounds.

As I walk closer the light casts onto unknown figures sitting on some trash couches, worn through and burned by cigarettes. Smoke hangs thick in the room and the smell of marijuana fills every inch of the room.

"Heyyyyy!" Some random, half-clothed girl drapes herself over me. She smells of alcohol and cheap cigarettes.
"Come join us...."
Her words slur as she loses her balance and grabs onto me for support.
I have no sympathy for girls who act like this. I watch mercilessly as she falls to the floor and start laughing uncontrollably. I can feel the anger boiling and then it just went pop...

There he was. My best friend, passed out on the couch. White lines on the table still beside him. It was probably still from last night since it was pretty early in the morning.

I let go of my anger this time. It boils over and its affecs are immediate, burning everyone around me.

I grab Caleb by hy shirt and pull him to his feet.

"Get up!"
His eyes open and his hand instinctively raise to cover his face.
His body still limp not quite placing how I wanted, he gets an extra taste of my anger.
"Get up!" Before I can stop myself I deliver a blow to his jaw.

I grab him by his neck and drag him out of the hell hole. Tripping over people not paying any attention to the fact that some of them might be lifeless bodies.