34

By 4 in the afternoon, Lucas should have been in his office right now, seated on his chair and facing his laptop while he sips on his ordered iced coffee. But no, instead of being at the company and doing work he's on his bed instead, body wrapped in a blanket, trying to fight off fever with only water.

He's been good last night, feeling tired but he was fine. Until around 2 in the dawn when he suddenly started feeling feverish. He ignored it by sleeping it off but unfortunately it had gotten worse by the time he woke up and is now being added with an annoying headache. Ge quickly informed the office of leave and called Zeus for help, but his friend is currently busy and couldn't go to him so Zeus contacted plan B, which is his girlfriend, Morgan.

Morgan called him earlier saying that she'll be coming over after her last class to bring some food and medicines. But it's been an hour yet she hasn't arrived.

Lucas admits that he has been exhausting himself lately. To reach the quota he often stays late at work and even continues it after going home. He hasn't had enough sleep these past few days too because of well... some things. And yes, as much as he wants to deny it, it mainly consists of thoughts about Riz.

He hasn't seen her since that day at the resort where he saw her kissing Johnny. That moment has kept on repeating in his mind ever since. The moment his eyes and Johnny met on the balcony, Lucas immediately got why Riz pulled Johnny to her. Johnny also called him the next day, he could still remember how their conversation went on.

"Riz did it because of you Lucas," Johnny says from the other line. "I'm telling you this so you won't get the wrong idea of Riz cheating on you"

"She's not. We're not together"

"But you will be. Lucas, I know you still love her. Just fcking man up and take her back. I know you went through a lot when she left but Riz suffered as much pain as you. Go to her"

"How about you? Do you have feelings for her?"

He was answered only with a long silence. "Just get her back Lucas. I won't bother Riz anymore"

And their conversation has been stuck on his mind ever since. He was aware that Riz wanted him back, that was why she still kept on approaching her even if he tried so hard to push her away. Lucas thought it was for the better, but he didn't realize that he was too hard on keeping her away from him she eventually stopped. He had hurt her, revenge or not but he shouldn't have told her of such things or acted like an asshole in front of her. And now Riz had finally decided to stop, he doesn't have as much of a choice but to let her. He can't blame her for retreating after his treatment.

But that day at the resort on her room's balcony.

Something stirred in Lucas at seeing Riz kiss another guy. Will he let her go?

He was cut off from his thoughts when his doorbell sounded. Groaning, he pushed the sheets off him and went off the bed while he grab his phone and shirt. Morgan will laugh at him for looking this disheveled, that girl likes to make fun of him.

Sighing he made his way to the front door and reach for the knob when his phone beeped, receiving a text from Morgan. He opens the message and reads it.

Won't be able to come. Something important came up in school. Xoxo

Lucas frowns at the message. Confused about who's the person behind the door. He sent her a reply before turning back to the door and opening it.

He came face to face with the person he least expected to see.

"Riz?"

At his voice, she quickly turned around to face him. Carried with her two plastic bags and her phone.