43

Things went well. Days passed quickly and with their busy schedule and suddenly it was already Christmas. Lately, for the past six months, Riz unintentionally moved into Lucas's apartment. Not necessarily moving, since she only had had a toothbrush and few clothes at his apartment, but she's frequently going home and sleeping with him at his apartment.

And it's okay. It felt natural.

Lucas has never been anything but good to him, in fact, he kind of became better. There are many aspects of their relationship that changed. Both of them became more open with each other now. The most change that occurred was Lucas being more protective of him. Ever since knowing what happened and with Vincent Xy around, Lucas never fails to keep tabs on Riz's every appointment. He would always check on her. And she understands, maybe it's a way Lucas wants to make up to her and probably to soothe his fear of losing her again.

None of what happened has fixed them but Riz is doing her best to heal what was broken between them. With Lucas's constant attention on her, Riz always makes sure to assure him that she is never leaving him again. Which sometimes, becomes a bit tiring.

But again, it's okay. If it's what it takes to heal the trauma she had caused Lucas then she will do and bare as much. Because it wasn't only her that got broken by what happened, but also Lucas. With her sudden leave, she destroyed him.

It was a weekend, two days before Christmas eve. Riz enters the apartment, with a bag of Chinese food in her hand. Putting it on the kitchen nook, she walks over to Lucas who's asleep inside his room. Smiling, she sits on the bed beside him and brushes his hair softly.

Lucas stirs at the soft touch. Lying face down on the bed, he opened his eyes and look up, squinting at Riz. Once his vision cleared, he smiled. He pulled her to the bed with him, burying his face in Riz's neck as he hugs her from behind. That's where she felt his warm body and realized he has no shirt on.

Riz chuckles. "Why are you shirtless? It's basically freezing in here" She tells him. "Get up, I brought food"

"I don't want to" He answers her as he tightens his hold around her, planting a kiss on her shoulder. "I want to stay here in bed with you"

Ruffling her hair, Riz turns to him. "How about we go out for a date after we eat? The streets are filled with lights right now. It'll be nice to take a night walk together"

Lucas groans and buries his face in her neck. "Let's just walk here in bed!"

She laughs aloud at his answer and playfully slapped his arm. "Get up now. I want to see the lights with you"

He smiles before kissing her on the cheek. "Yes ma'am"

The two of them enjoyed the food Riz brought to the kitchen then Lucas proceeded on changing as they set out for the streets in the night as they begin their night walk. Riz clings to Lucas's arm as the two of them walk.

"It really is almost Christmas," Riz says, looking around. "There's a lot more people going out to buy gifts"

"And of course, to enjoy the lights" Lucas added, pertaining to the streetlights added. "You could almost feel the eve approaching"

"By the way, I have news" Riz smiles widely at him. "Minjeong is coming over for Christmas"

Lucas's eyes widen at the news, as he too smiles back at her. "No way?! Really?!"

Riz laughs at his enthusiasm and nods in confirmation.

Before she and Lucas had fully known each other, he was the best friend of her younger sister Minjeong. The two were inseparable in high school and Riz only knows Lucas in a few meets. It was only then through college when he got into the same university that she was able to officially know Lucas well. Minjeong at college had taken a scholarship at a university in the states and had to leave. Minjeong was Riz and Lucas's common ground and became the reason why the two of them grew close with each other and then ended up dating together.

"Then I should cook plenty for the Christmas Eve dinner then. Knowing Minjeong..."

Riz laughs, head leaning back. "You're right. You two basically eat like monsters" She adds, looking at him. "You miss her?"

"Yeah, who wouldn't miss their best friend? It's been a while since that brat even contacted me. She suddenly cut ties after she went to the states" He answers. "Now that I think about it, you two really are sisters"

Riz gave a playful punch on his arm. "Yah, at least Minjeong still follows you on your social media accounts. Don't worry, she's still keeping tabs on you"

Lucas laughs but it quickly dies down when his eyes caught something. Riz frowns and follows her gaze but then saw no one. "Why? Something's wrong?"

Lucas shakes his head. "Nothing. Come on, let's head to the park" He says then pulls Riz with him.

Arriving at the park, they suddenly both were welcomed by a large crowd, as more people were walking around and seems to gather around an event at the center where a stage is and a large unlit Christmas tree was standing. Riz tightened her hold on the back of Lucas' hood. "We should head back Cas, there's just too many people"

With his height, Lucas looks around. "There seems a band playing at the stage that's why there are too many people in here"

"Probably someone famous" Riz answers her. "Let's just go back anyway, I don't think it's worth—"

She was cut off when someone bumped hard on her shoulders and she almost stumbled back. Before Riz could exclaim in complaint at the person, they already have walked away. "Yah! An apology would be okay" She says, massaging her shoulder that was hit. "That hurts. Cas we should just really—"

She stops again when she suddenly couldn't find Lucas before here. She quickly looked around through the gathering crowd and the people walking past him but she couldn't find him. She pulls out her phone and dials her number and starts to look for him. But his number remains on the ring and he wouldn't answer.

Riz cursed out. "He probably left his phone at the apartment" She mutters as she looks around. She went through the people as she looks for Lucas' familiar height.

As Riz was about to start to panic with all the people around, someone suddenly bumped hard into her and she almost fell not until someone caught her, holding her back. The person cover her from the rush of the people using his body and took her to the side.

He looks down at her, "Miss, are you okay?" He asks. Once he got a look at her face, Johnny was surprised at seeing Riz.