SMOKE

SMOKE

Azadeh looked back and forth between the two men, Jay, and the monk. The squirrel sat on her shoulder and also looked around between the two too. "I have this feeling that something is going to happen..." she murmured to herself and the squirrel. The animal gave her an approving sound.

"Let's Head on out to the Village down there." The monk explained to Jo. Azadeh listened intently, curious how that would end.

"Sure, but why do we have to drive there..." Jay asked. The monk looked at Jay through his glasses.

"Because... I've always wanted to ride with you." He admitted. The girl looked at the monk in surprise. "With me?" Jay asked confused.

Azadeh looked at Jay's bike and raised an eyebrow in surprise, it was his old bike. She was about to ask, but Jay interrupted her.

"Sir? Do you have any spare room left?" he asked. Azadeh huffed at the question. "For real? Jay, I used to sleep in the same room with Vinny and the others for weeks." She reminded him.

But the two ignored the girl and continued talking undisturbed.

"Nope, your Room was the last one." He replied flatly.

Jay sighed in disappointment, he probably had to sleep in the same room with her.

Azadeh gave him an irritated look, they slept in the same room for weeks and he never complained, but now it's a big deal.

She wasn't sure if he just wanted to be a gentleman or if he just wanted to sleep far away from her.

The monk started to grin, something she didn't like, whenever he grinned like that it means something bad.

"Well, how about this? If you get to that village before I do, I'll give you my room, how is that?" he offered.

"And where do you sleep?" she asked unconvinced. "I'll just sleep outside." Jay looked straight ahead and put his helmet on his head.

"Are you kidding me? You'd rather let the old man sleep outside in the cold than sleep in the same room as me?" she asked annoyed. After a second of silence, she lets out a sigh.

She slapped Jay on the shoulder. "Fuck it! Do your best Jay." She said smiling.

Azadeh takes a few steps back, watched both males preparing for their match. Jay more then the monk.

"Jay good luck! Old Man don't break a bone. Let's go, little one!" she gave the signal to the squirrel.

The little animal started ringing the little bell, and both of them immediately drove off quickly. Just leaving dust behind.

Azadeh falls wearily to the ground. The squirrel climbed onto her knee and looked at her with big black eyes. She stroked the little one with her index finger.

"As if Jay really intends to steal the old man's room..." she murmured under her breath. "He makes it seem like being in a room with me is a horrible thing." She grumbled in annoyance. The animal started nodding against her finger, making her think They might understand her.

"You don't have to worry about that, Azadeh." A deep voice spoke from behind her.

Azadeh felt a chills run down her spine. Slowly turnning back and she only saw pink. Memories of the worst workout of her life flooded recalled in her head and sweat fell down her neck.

"Head Monk won't go down that easily." He assured her.

"Ah hello Mr. Nam..." she greeted anxiously. "How are you?" she asked.