Chapter 1: Plain Jane

(A/N: The picture to the side is basically how Beta looks like. I'm still in the process of drawing her.. ^^; )

I guess people would describe me as a nerd. A geek...plain. And they're all right. I've never been part of any clique throughout high school. Well, never had a chance to. I was always moving around and I had to be home to take care of my mother and walk her dog. I've also been kinda tall. Tallest in my class as a matter of fact. Well, until high school that is.

I didn't have many friends. One in fact. She was my best friend. We were like twins. People actually thought we were twins. Either that or dating...

Before, my usual attire consisted of a pair of blue jeans, a plain t-shirt, a sweater of some kind, and tennies. Now, it changed to dark skinny jeans with the occasional tear in the knee and band shirts or anime shirts. That's right. Anime. I like anime. To name a couple I like kingdom hearts,Rosario + vampire, maid-sama ...okay, I know that's more than a couple, but, you get the point.

I recently started wearing dark make up, too. I figured I would scare all my haters before I left my school. Did I forget to mention my birthday being tomorrow? My bad. Well, because of the fact I'm turning 18 I no longer have to live with my mother, her asshole husband, my little brother, and my mother's dog in a 30 ft trailer. Yep. A trailer in someone's driveway. Instead I'm living with my daddy for senior year. He has a house with 4 bedrooms, a basement, a second floor (where three bedrooms are located), a big kitchen, living room, a bedroom down stairs for my little sister's toys, plus 2 1/2 bathrooms. 1/2 a bathroom in the basement, 1 bathroom on the first floor and the other on the 2nd. Yeah, my dad was in a better situation.

I'd been packing my car since the night before. I had to make sure everything fit. During the pack, my mother had been trying to get me to stay and that everything would get better. News flash, we've been in the same predicament since I was in 7th grade. Yeah, it was that bad.

"You do realize that you will have to start over and start at a new school with new people?" I nodded my head. I was well aware of this fact. I'd been planning with my dad since the middle of 10th grade for this moment in time to happen. I've also warned my mother many times that I hate living with her and that I want to live with my dad, but she didn't care.

She left me alone as I continued packing.

Later that night, my "twin" came over for dinner and cake. That was the extent of my birthday party. She left and I continued packing my car.

~...~

Slumber did not come easily for me. I guess I was too excited about the move to sleep. But I had to sleep.. I needed energy in the morning to drive. I had a lot of driving to do. I decided that I needed to take some z-quil. That usually helped me fall asleep.

I went to my car where my "medicine cabinet" was and pulled out my z-quil. I took a swig of it then went back into the trailer and layed back in bed. With in 10 minutes, I was out cold.

My dream was very weird. I was at my new school and for some reason my cousin Jeremy was there. I've only met him like 3 times in my life. There were other guys there and a few girls. There was one guy in particular who looked all alone. He had a bat man t-shirt on. He was really cute...

I woke up shortly after seeing the guy to my alarm clock blaring in my ear. I turned it off and got ready for school. Today I dressed differently than the other days. I still wore dark make up, my small bat man nose ring and my black lip ring (after my drastic wardrobe change, I begged my mom to take me to get both my lip and nose pierced). That was normal. The different part to my outfit was that I wore a black skirt, knee high converse, and a slayer t-shirt. Definitely leaving them something to remember me by.