𝐵𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑖𝑓𝑢𝑙 𝐴𝑟𝑔𝑢𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑠

(Episode 2: The Lucky Compass)

John B pulled up to the Cameron's house

John B pulled up to the Cameron's house. Abby messed with her wet hair, feeling awkward.

John B cleared his throat. "Thanks for your help, Abs."

Abby nodded, climbing off the boat, pausing before glancing at her old friend. "I know my helping didn't change anything between us. And I'm okay with that. So... I'll leave you guys to your business. I won't be a bother." She chuckled. "I know the others will be thrilled by that."

"We miss you." John B stopped the girl. "JJ misses you."

She hid her face so he didn't see she was tearing up. "He can't miss someone he doesn't even know anymore. None of you can. Im not that same little girl, JB. I'm not just Abby Martin, the sweet little girl who was inseparable from you and JJ. I'm also a Cameron, a kook. So don't pretend to care."

John B watched her go, he sighed. "Shit."

He wasn't lying that he missed her. She was one of his best friends, at least she used to be.

~

Abby basically hid away in her room, slowly fading away. That's how she felt anyway.

She didn't even bother to go down when she heard her mom yelling at Sarah.

She glanced up at a knock on her door. "Go away."

The door opened anyway, Wheezie popped her head in. "Hey, your mom wanted me to get you. She said you need to stop hiding away in your room."

"No thanks." Abby rolled her eyes.

"Are you okay?" The thirteen year old asked.

Out of all her siblings she was closer to Wheezie, maybe because she was a little younger when their parents got together. But she always made Abby feel better about herself.

"I'm fine, Wheez." She sadly smiled.

"Is it because of your old friend? I saw you guys talking." Wheezie fell beside her.

"Sort of. I just... it's sucks. I mean, everyone has someone, but me... I have no one." Abby told her sister. "And it just makes me feel like I have no reason to keep going. Like I would be okay if I went to bed and just... never wake up."

"That's... depressing." Wheezie stated but then she smiled. "You have me, Abby. So if you ever feel that way, you can just come to me. I'll smack those thoughts away."

Abby generally laughed. "I'll keep that in mine." She playfully pushed Wheezie. "I'll be out in a min."

~

"Wheezie!" Abby called, trying to find the girl.

The two girls had decided to play hide and seek.

Abby chuckled. "I'm gonna find you!"

The girl was yanked to the side, she gasped in pain from the grip on her arm. She raised her other arm ready to punch whoever had grabbed her.

She paused, seeing John B in front of her. She stopped struggling. "What the hell, JB?"

He glared at her, anger in his eyes that she's never seen before, at least directed at her. "Why the hell would you tell Ward about me borrowing his tanks? Because of you and your sister, I got fired. Some of us actually need jobs!"

Abby furrowed her brows. "I don't know what you're talking about. I never told him. Besides I basically helped you."

He shook his head. "Stop lying! You had it out for us since we ditched you. Newsflash, get over it. That was years ago." He ran his hand through his hair. "You were right, I really don't know you anymore. You're just a rich bitch, Abby. No wonder you have no one."

Abby didn't know what to say. John B was her defender, as she was to him. He always saw the good in her even when they weren't friends. And now just like everyone... he hated her.

"From now on, you're no one to me. And to my crew. So, just stay away." John B snarled, storming away.

John B slowed to a stop hearing a sob fall out of her. He already felt the guilt building in him. But he just pushed those feelings away. She betrayed him.

Abby tried to control her tears but it didn't work. She covered her face, sobbing. She hated herself.

She stormed in the house, wiping her tears angrily.

"Honey, what's wrong?" Rose worriedly asked.

"Like you care." Abby hissed.

"Don't talk to your mom like that." Ward gave his step daughter a look.

Abby rolled her eyes with a laugh. "Why do you care? I'm a worthless rich nobody. At least that's what John B thinks after you fired him." She cried. "Why would you do that?! He's a hard worker, he's the most reliable. He needs this job. Just because he borrowed your air tanks. Well, guess what, dad? I helped him and it was the most fun I had in a while. Almost dying was... breathtaking."

"You were hanging with the pogues?" Rose was astonished. "I thought you were done with that phase."

"It wasn't a phase!" Abby yelled, the other kids hearing her. "Please, Ward, give John B a second chance. Please."

The Cameron man sighed. "I'll think about it, Abigail."

"Thank you." She sighed in relief.

She didn't know why she did that. John B hurt her and yet she still defended him.

Abby ran to her room, falling on her bed, thinking back to the words JB told her. She hated that she still missed that jerk.

But he was right, she really didn't have anyone.

She doesn't know why she even keeps fighting to stay alive.

A/N

I'm sorry this chapter sucks.

But Abby isn't part of the crew just yet. Soon, probably next couple episodes, at least around Midsummer's.

What more would you like to see happen?

Also I need a ship name for Abby and JJ, please give me some ideas! I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for reading.

~Belle~