21 | ﴾Princess Parasol ﴿

Slytherin had won the top two positions in the first trial of the Quadrivial Tournament, and although it was under negative pretenses that both Draco Malfoy and Theodore Nott has placed as such, the entire House was rambunctious beyond belief that evening.

Large wooden barrels of Boogeyman's beer had been rolled illicitly into the common room by the eldest boys in their twenties. Drugs and pumpkin bongs were scattered all over the ebony counters, and Peeves - attracted by the termagant music - had set up shop in the dark alcoves above to drop hideous fuzzy spiders onto people's hair by sticky web strings.

And one particular, showstopping blond wizard stood at the center of everyone's attention.

Draco was at the receiving end of so many compliments, flirty gestures and free drinks, that Audette fell subject to an overwhelming, bubbling burden of jealousy and nervousness. Ergo she was then compelled to step up her game for her newly approved of and extremely popular suitor.

She left him in the common room in his tight black suit and glowing lavender medal which shimmered around his neck, but she was not alone dressing up in the eighth level female quarters.

"Has anyone seen my lucky golden eyeliner?" Guy bellowed in nothing but his mismatched socks and pink boxers, running around the room slipping on things with his hands shaking in fury.

The cramped area was filled with sparkling perfume aerosols, drunken girls, and one very distraught gay boy. Cosmos kicked Daphne's trunk to centralize attention on himself, "I need it fess up you snakes, this is the party of the century! Rummaging in my makeup trunk is total Mooncalf dung!"

Audette was currently attempting to collapse her ribcage, squeezing herself into the tightest dress she owned. It was arguably intended for a club scene and practically illegal for her to have sneakily purchased behind her parent's backs.

She paused with the white textile suffocating her just above her heaving breasts.

Millicent guiltily held out the eye liner, and Guy snagged it back in a huff, "You've mangled it, you brute! I'll be setting a jinx on my trunk from now on!"

Pansy tittered at him with a cool smile from her bed, as always in a sleek black dress of some posh design, "Please do, seeing as you will be the only moron to set it off."

Managing to get her arms through the long sleeves, Audette had to jump on the spot to wiggle the rest of the dress over her breasts and down to her upper thighs. She held a hand to her chest where a deep V cut ended at her bedazzled pink bra, breathless from the fabric battle.

She was already very drunk from the excess drinks that Malfoy had been passing at her politely, and it was not serving her well.

The entire room turned their faces sideways in nihilistic wonderment of what their most uptight resident was cladding.

Pansy's eyebrows threatened to leave her skull fully as Audette yanked on tiny pink kitten heels that were bound to see her take a washing machine-level tumble down the stairs, "See Malfoy's been rubbing off on you - have you identified yet as his favourite little slut, or are you still in blistering denial?"

Guy reactively blasted across the room to stab a sticky finger into Pansy's nose, who leaned dramatically away in disgust, "Threatened that Audette can beat you at both princess and diva looks, Parkinson? Shall I transform into you, and we can laugh our pussy's off at how ridiculous you'd appear in one of her formal dresses?"

"Fucking mad hatter," Pansy hissed in quiet, intimidated repulsion, crossing her arms in moderated defeat.

Audette couldn't care less. She'd never seen herself so shapely in a garment with each curve accentuated, twirling in front of a tall mirror, her fluffy blond waves bouncing. Although it was elating to dress for the age, in the back of her mind she was dreadfully nervous that showing off so many inches of cleavage was a daring shot from prudent to jezebel in one single go.