Part 1 - Chapter 2

The day I had waited and prepared for so long came. I was nervous because this day shall change my whole life. I quitted my apartment and my job a month ago. Actually, I have to work another month and pay the rent for the next two months. But I prepared well...

I took my suitcase and the sports bag. I controlled everything and said »Goodbye« to my apartment. Then I went out into the hallway, closed the door and turned the key in the lock. I went downstairs and knocked at the door of my landlords apartment. He opened. »I just wanted to give you the key. I planned to live on a small Island and now everything went faster than expected.« He was perplexed and asked: »Isn't it very expensive? I thought that you have not so much money!?« while taking the key. »Yeah, but I borrowed money from friends so I can pay the flight and the rent. I want to start a new life there with a new job so that I can pay the money back.«, I answered. After a minute of awkward silence I said that I have to go now, because my plane will start in a few hours.

It was cold outside but I didn't freeze. I went to the park with a little detour in case my landlord was watching me out of the window. He should think I was going to my car, which I always parked a little way away. When I got to the tree, I put down my suitcase, grabbed the sports bag and walked to the bank. I took another deep breath, set on a smile and entered the bank.

»You have to help me, please! I need a toilet, otherwise an accident will happen. Do you have a toilet in this bank?«. The young woman looked confused and stuttered something about that she's not allowed to letting me go in the back but I implored her and acted like it was really urgent so she briefly described the way to me. I thanked her and quickly walked backwards. I knew the way because I informed myself about the ground plan. 

I locked the toilet door behind me, opened the bag, took out the black mask and tracksuit and pulled them over my clothes. I padded the mask with wadding to make my face look more masculine and also the clothes under my black tracksuit made me look more like a short plump man than a young woman. I opened the small window above the toilet and climbed out of it. Then I walked around the building with a normal shopping bag and entered the bank again. I pulled a toy gun out of my bag and said with a deep voice, that I wanted this bag full with money. The insecure young woman at the counter began to tremble and I repeated my request, this time sharper. She jumped up grabbed the bag I had put on the counter and disappeared in the back. She only needed a few minutes in which I scared the two customers with the fake gun. I have to admit that I was surprised that the woman acted so cooperative. At this time I was scared. What would happen if the police showed up here? My super plan would not have worked and I would have go to prison. 

The young woman came and gave me the bag. I took a short look inside it and saw many wads of money. I didn't say anything, I just leaved the bank at the front door, walked quickly around it, climbed through the window and hurried to take of the tracksuit and the mask. I packed everything in the sports bag and came back to the big front hall. I thanked the pale woman and then asked her why she's so pale. She told me that there was a robbery and I acted appalled. I asked her where the police is, she awoke from her paralysis and pressed the alarm button. 

Inside, I wondered how she got the job. Don't you have to attend a course in which you learn what to do in such an emergency? 

»Sorry, I have to go now, I have an appointment right away. But I didn't see anything so I'm out of the question as a witness anyway. But thanks again for the toilet! Bye!« I hurried to get outside, the police would be there in a few seconds. I passed the door quickly and went to the tree. I heard voices behind me telling me to stop but I ignored them and went to the tree. I seized my suitcase and whispered "Stars & Dreams" Everything blurred but I did catch a glimpse of the cops. They looked around but couldn't see me and then ran in different directions. I couldn't see more because I was not two seconds later at the other end of town. I had everything planned out so I went straight to my car, which I had parked a block away a few days earlier. A glance at the watch told me I was perfectly on time. 

I reached at the airport, checked in and just a few hours later I was on the plane to Ireland.