Chapter 1 - Ordinary Life

Me?  Uploading a chapter of this fic?  How odd.

Seriously though I'm sorry it took me like, over a year to write a less than 2,000-word chapter.  Anyways, sorry if this is bad; It's barely edited.  If the beginning seems odd to you that's because I wrote the first scene, like, a month ago.  I decided that I wanted to get at least a chapter of this uploaded before my school break ended.

Anyways enjoy and I promise I won't take as long for the next chapter.

~~~~~~

Remy was a no-nonsense, give me the respect I deserve, type of bitch.  That type of spiky attitude stuck out in the shitty old town he used to live in.  Luckily, he wasn't alone in that hell hole, he had his best friend Janus Lyde to hang out with. 

Believe it or not, he tried to make it to 18 before moving, he really did. Remy knew deep in the empty pit that was his head that he wouldn't survive on the run from his asshat parents. However, something happened causing him to leave early.  So they left on his 16th birthday, him and Janus.

After all that shit he still somehow got up at 8 O'-f*cking-clock every single morning. 

Every. Single. Morning.

Remy yawned, turned over in bed, and fell asleep.  Again.  His alarm ran again for the 3rd time, almost in a mocking fashion.  What he wouldn't do to continue his wonderful dreams.

After the 4th chime of his alarm, he got up and stretched, whilst mumbling about how the hell Janus woke up every morning.  The other had always had a lot more willpower than Remy himself.

He put on his usual outfit, after brushing his teeth, and walked down the stairs to be greeted by a sleep-deprived Janus, who had just finished the last of the coffee that was in the pot.  Damn jerk.

"Ex-fucking-scuse me," Remy said tilting his sunglasses down.  "Bitch what are you doing with Matilda?" He said, crossing his arms and staring at the thief.

"I just finished my 5 O', clock class.  I think I deserve some coffee."  Janus said flatly, sipping from the Girl in Red mug that the two had bought at a thrift store.

"One, rude, she's MY bitch and she gives off a very distinct Roald Dahl vibe," Remy said finishing his dramatic descent down the staircase and to Janus' side in the kitchen.

"Second, you know full well my addiction is worse than yours,"  Remy spoke, ruffling Janus' hair as he walked past.  The other squawked in indignation at the action.

"So what, it gives you a reason to go see your boyfriend.." Janus trailed off into a yawn, clearly barely processing the conversation.  Remy wrapped his arms around his friend from behind, swaying them both back and forth.

"You're right!"  Remy said feigning dramatic dizziness.  Emile was charming and adorable, understanding too.  He wondered not for the first time how he landed the cutie as a boyfriend.

Janus rolled his eyes, before reminding Remy that he only had ten minutes until he needed to be at work.  That was more than enough to have him wide awake.

"See ya babes, what show are we watching tonight?"  Remy asked after grabbing the keys and giving Janus another hug.  "Decide on the ride, my brain is foggy right now," Janus ordered, before popping two bagels into the toaster.

Remy called out a last goodbye before heading out the door and getting in his truck.  Glancing at the clock he sighed.  He's gonna have to take the shitty workplace coffee.  Better than nothing, he supposed.