Chapter 2- Notice Delivered

Otherwise known as The Old Stoner Friend Leaves A Message!

My plan was for each chapter to be at 1000 words at least.  However this is like 950, so I am making a chapter 2.5 featuring Virgil's POV :]

Hope you guys like this one, and I think I'll start getting a more consistent schedule soon.  This is not read before publishing so if you find any mistakes tell me, also if there are any content warnings I don't mention please tell me because I forget to add that a lot.

Also, Virgil was technically Janus' drug dealer... And Remy's coffee dealer.

~~~~~~

The first thing Remy noticed when he woke up was warmth.  Pure utter comforting heat that made him just want to drift off again.

Of course, then he heard the two voices, one cheery the other tired and laced with what had to either be nicotine or sleep.  Janus and Emile, of course.  Those two were adorable when they started giggling about some cartoon one of them had recommended to the other.  Just thinking about it made Remy want to grin.

Except now the ever-present hand in his hair seemed to have noticed his lack of unconsciousness.  Unfortunate.

Unfortunate because that was not going to slide by Remy, not when it was so soothing.  With his groggy half-asleep mind, Remy reached up and pulled the hand back down to his head, a clear demand.

He heard a chuckle, to which he so elegantly responded by lightly smacking the other's face.  Remy didn't deal with other people's bullshit.  

He did, however, apparently have to deal with someone poking his face, with the clear intent of waking him up.  "Reemm..? Wakey wakey, you need breakfast!  And probably coffee knowing you."  Emile said, lifting Remy up from his very comfortable pillow, which turned out to be the one and only Janus.

"He never needs more coffee, Em." The traitor said, sitting up and grabbing his phone.  If Remy used some newfound strength in order to tackle the man, who's to say?

~~Timeskip brought to you by me not having nearly enough free time~~

In the end, Remy had taken Emile's advice on breakfast, though really a muffin shouldn't count as a full meal.  Janus clearly disagreed on that topic, if the argument that ensued was enough to go off of.

Eventually, all three of them settled back down on the couch as they had the morning, Janus at the arm with Emile cuddled beside him.  Of course, Remy resided on the two's laps.  

As Remy called in sick for work, Emile took the time to set up Bluey.  Frankly, it wasn't fair that this was Janus' first time watching, while he had to have the thing committed to memory.

Janus seemed interested though, and maybe it was the sense of nostalgia, but he looked exactly like he used to.  Before college, before work, before adulthood, before real life.  Exactly how he was when he was a kid.  Well exactly, minus the hair smothered in magenta Splat.

Remy rolled his eyes at his sappy train of thought, instead turning back to the show.  He didn't mind this episode, it was entertaining.

After only a couple minutes of watching, with Remy helpfully commenting on how gay a character was when called for, Janus pulled out his phone.  He had been messing with Remy's hair so it was pretty noticeable when he froze up.

Remy sat up, still sitting in Emile's lap, before turning to Janus. "What's up, babes?" He said rolling his shoulders and fixing his hair.

The frightened glance he got in response did not help the growing unease.  The other immediately leaving the room did not help either.

"Is he okay?" Emile asked, watching as Janus ran into the kitchen.  Remy stared at the doorway before wordlessly following his best friend.  Emile seemed to get the hint and turned off the show and sat waiting.

In the other room, it proved Remy was right about his actions, the other was backed up into the corner and staring at his phone in a way that made Remy want to break the thing.  "Alright, what's up hon?"  He said walking over and putting a hand on Janus' shoulder.  Said Janus looked almost like he had swallowed rat poison, which would not be the first time.

"Don't be mad...?"  He tried, to which Remy could only chuckle. "About what?  You rob a bank and not recruit me or something?"  That didn't seem to put Janus at ease, which only meant whatever he was worried about was serious.

His point was proven when the phone screen was turned to him displaying a single text.

Virgin The Poet 9:23 AM

How truthful were you being about helping me get out of here and would you be willing to help a couple more...?

Remy just blinked at the screen for a minute or two.  "Have you replied?" He said dumbly, which meant a certain person's glare was leveled at him.  "Obviously not!  There are so many unanswered questions.  Who are the other people? How many of them?  Are any of them minors?  Cause I am not about to be charged for kidnapping a kid thank you very much!"  

Remy rolled his eyes, throwing an arm around the other's shoulder, "Yet you did not try to even ask those questions before freaking out.  You know him, if we don't answer soon he'll apologize for bothering us and assume we aren't gonna help!"

Janus looked up, "Are we going to help?" He asked, taking the phone back and rereading the text.  "Do you want to?" 

That was met with silence, to which Remy took the opportunity to start some coffee for them.  "I do want to, but there are so many variables..."  Came the reply, to which Remy thrust a cup of coffee into the other's hand.

"So we ask questions, make it clear we can't 100% help, but we can try to see if we can."  Janus still seemed unsure, so he turned off the phone and drank his coffee before he looked back up at Remy.

"Do you want to?"

"Duh," The reply came, a grin on his face.  Janus snickered, before opening the messages again and typing.

Snake 9:34 AM

Depends, how many people, ages, and would they be okay living with a compulsive liar and a coffee addict who has no sense of personal boundaries?