4

It's Quidditch practice today, and Draven Malfoy wore his Quidditch sweater since it's only a practice. There were a lot of girls at the bleachers, gawking over him. He's a natural charmer, that what every girl said whenever they look at Draven Abraxas Malfoy. His brother is handsome, but this particular Malfoy has his own devilishly handsome charisma that makes every girl go head over heels for him.

But little did they know, this natural charmer already got his eyes on someone. And he believes that he was already enchanted the first time he saw her. The search is over for him. He already got his eyes on Hermione Jean Granger.

He mounted his Firebolt and zoomed in with his other teammates. Adrian Pucey, their captain was already waiting for them. Slytherins are known for playing dirty in every Quidditch match, but Draven always made sure that he will play according to the rules. He doesn't want to make it more dangerous since the game itself is already dangerous.

"We have Hufflepuff on our first match, then Gryffindor. I want us to win, whatever it takes." Pucey said to his team. "Zabini is our newest chaser, and he will be working alongside Malfoy and Vaisey."

Crabbe and Goyle eyed Malfoy angrily, remembering what he did last time. Draven just scoffed at them, looking not scared.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The practice went smoothly, which is a surprise. They were considering a lot of plays for their upcoming matches. Pucey is also a player who never cheated, unlike their previous captains.

After the whole practice, Draven quickly went down to their locker room and took a bath. He still needs to go for some prefect rounds and then he'll do some assignments. He's a smart boy, always second best.

Why second? Because Hermione is the first one. His father was furious at him for being 'defeated by a Mudblood' always telling him to defeat her but for him, he doesn't care if she's the best. Because it would always be her, before him. That's how smitten Draven Malfoy is to Hermione Granger.

At the library, Hermione Granger is silently reading her textbook in Ancient Runes. They have a graded recitation tomorrow and she needs to ace it. She passed her O.W.Ls last year, though she had some E's or Exceeded Expectation grades in two of her subjects. It was still high, but for her, she needs to excel more.

Wondering why she's not bumping into Draven these past few days? She's avoiding him, well not obviously so that it would make assumptions, but yes. It's because of the past argument she had with Ron. After he walked out of the hall, they never talked to each other that whole day, and then when she finally confronted him, Ron just lashed out at her and told her to stay away from Draven. From that moment, she decided to avoid the Slytherin boy.

Draven noticed that avoidance from Hermione. He may know the reason why, but he still thinks that it's absurd dodging him. Whenever he caught a glimpse of her and was about to greet her, she would just give him a quick nod and then walks away. It's driving him crazy again, thinking about what he did wrong.

He was done with his rounds, and he's now at the library, with his books, and finds a seat wherein he can... slightly study. And blimey it's his lucky day as he turned to his right and saw Hermione Granger, studying.