To my Superhero

Virat-Siraj

Siraj couldn't believe his ears!! It can't be true, can it?? No he must have heard wrong. But judging by other player's reactions present there...... it's not seeming like he heard it wrong. Did his virat bhaiya actually said those words??  Siraj was feeling like if someone had turned his world upside down. He began to recall what virat bhaiya said them all 15 minute ago.

"I..... i want to announce something!!! From past 7 year, i was a part of this beautiful journey!!! I did everything I could have to take this team's legacy to forward. I'm proud of my team, the way they performed and the way they made me a super proud captain!! But recently I'm feeling like I'm not being able to give my 120% to this team!! I'm failing to score runs and.... we lost our chance to win the series in South Africa again. So I've decided that it's finally the time to end my journey of captaincy!! From today, I'll no longer remain as the Test captain of indian cricket team!! I'll continue to serve indian cricket as a normal player again. I just hope you'll support me in this decision, just like you have done from past 13 years!!"

He was stunned. So were the others. This was the least thing anyone expected to happen here. When virat called everyone for a team meeting after the series defeat against South Africa, he thought it'll be another motivational team session by their captain, who'll try his best to put his brave face and cheer them first. Then he would have hugged them all and would have say that it was just a bad day. They'll bounce back soon. But....... they didn't expected their captain to say this.

He..... he'll step down from the test captaincy as well!!! Which means his era of Captain Kohli is officially over now!!"

Siraj wasn't registering what was happening around him!! He didn't listened Rahul's outburst, he didn't heard jassi's pleading of not leaving captaincy to virat bhaiya!!! He just stood there, lost in deep thoughts.

"Could he ever Whole-heartedly accept someone else his captain? Can he ever accept that his superhero, his biggest supporter will no longer be there to back him in his bad phase??"

And he heard his inner voice screaming

"No he can't!!! He just can't do that!!"

Siraj came back to sense, when he heard Shami bhai

"Siri!! Everyone's gone to their room!! You're coming??"

Siraj looked at his senior mindlessly. Shami bhai sighed and patted his shoulders.

"I can understand what you must have feeling now kid!! I also felt the same in 2014. But we just can't force him to do what we want. Captaining indian team is not as easy as he made us to think. It's a huge burden to carry and at the age of 33, it's hard to maintain Captaincy and batting and family all together. Moreover he's virat kohli. The one who believes to give his 120% in the field. So he doesn't want to play with a guilt that he's not doing justice to this position. He already did so much for us, for every single of us. Supporting him in one of his biggest decisions is the least we could done for him."

Siraj stared at his caring elder brother for a moment and then spoke shakily

"I know that....... shami bhaiya!!! I know virat bhaiya's point and i will respect his this decision too. But...... what about me?? What I'm going to do without my superhero!!"

Yes, superhero. To all other peoples, he is virat kohli, run machine, king, captain fearless but to him...... his superhero. Whom he owed all his success. In 2018, when he became a part of RCB dressing room, he didn't knew that he'll meet his role model there. That too not a bowler, but the worst nightmare of bowlers like him, the aggressive Captain of indian national team and the best batsman of modern generation in all format: Virat Kohli. He heard so much about him, about his aggressive nature, his fearless batting style, his unmatchable dedication to the game and...... his bond with his teammates. So when he became a part of RCB, he also wanted to be friends with the captain, to be in his good books. But..... things didn't went as he wanted. Not only he failed to take wickets but also he became infamous for leaking so many runs. People started criticizing him as 'bowling run machine', 'Lord Siraj, who can play for 2 teams in same time', 'Overrated Bowler' and slowly it started affecting his life and his career. He started losing faith in himself. But to his surprise, there's still someone who believed him, believed his abilities.