Broken Promise

Virat-Rahul

"I HATE YOU VIRAT!! I NEVER HATED ANYONE AS MUCH AS I HATE YOU NOW!!! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO US?? YOU ARE THE MOST SELFISH PERSON EVER, VIRAT PREM KOHLI!!!  YOU ONLY THINK ABOUT YOURSELF!! DID YOU EVER THOUGHT WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO US?? DID YOU?? DID YOU EVER THOUGHT WHO'LL PROTECT US FROM ALL THOSE TROLLERS AND THE FEAR OF GETTING DROPPED FROM TEAM?? LOOK AROUND YOURSELF VIRAT KOHLI!!! THIS IS THE TEAM YOU CREATED!! LOOK AT RISHU, JASSI, SIRAJ, SUBHI!!! DO YOU THINK THEY COULD EVER ACCEPT THAT THEIR VIRAT BHAIYA WON'T BE THE CAPTAIN ANYMORE!! IF YOU THINK YOUR DECISION IS IN FAVOR OF THE TEAM, YOU'RE WRONG!!!YOUR DECISION WILL ONLY BRING DISASTER TO INDIAN CRICKET, NOTHING ELSE!!!"

"Rahuliya..... please listen to me......"

"DON'T RAHULIYA ME VIRAT!!!! YOU HAVE LOST YOUR RIGHT TO CALL ME BY ANY NICKNAME!!! YOU WANT TO LEAVE THE CAPTAINCY, RIGHT??!! YOU WANT TO LEAVE US IN MIDDLE RIGHT?? FINE. GO AHEAD AND DO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO. BUT REMEMBER ONE THING VIRAT PREM KOHLI. I WILL NEVER EVER FORGIVE YOU FOR BREAKING YOUR PROMISE. NEVER EVER!!!"

Virat's opened his eyes with a snap, sweats dripping from his forehead. Rahul's words to him were still ringing in his head. Virat took a deep breath to calm his nerves down. He looked at the scenery in front of him with lost mind. He was sitting alone in the beautiful beach of Cape Town. It's been around 3 hours since he came here..... but still he wasn't feeling like going back to the Hotel. He still wasn't prepared to face his teammates........ especially his first kiddo. He sighed and rested his head on his knees. In a attempt to hide his painful tears.

"Out of everyone..... he expected them to understand. He expected nothing but just some support from his brothers. It wasn't too much, was it??"

Rahul screamed furiously as he threw the flower vase on wall..... breaking it into pieces. His hand accidentally got cut by a broken piece of glass and was bleeding a little but he didn't paid attention to it. Mayank was standing behind him, trying his best to stop him.

"Rah!!! Rah please calm down. You're only hurting yourself by doing it. Please calm down and go talk to bhaiya...... you should talk to him, rah!! Please...... he..... he must have a ....... reason......."

Rahul turned to his best friend and tried to maintain a calm tone.

"Tell me a good reason why i should forgive him, mayu!!! Do you know what he did??? He broke his promise he made to me!!! He promised that he'll never leave any of us like mahi bhai did!!! He promised to be there for me..... for us no matter what the situation!!! He..... promised that he'll never let anyone harm us...... how could he break his promise, mayu??? How......"

Mayank sighed and continued

"He's still here rah...... maybe not as the captain....... but still as our elder brother. How much differences can it make....."

Rahul clenched his fists and shouted.

"IT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE MAYU!!! FOR ME IT MAKES!!! YOU JUST WON'T UNDERSTAND!!! YOU CAN NEVER UNDERSTAND, MAYU!!! YOU'RE NOT THE ONE WHOM HE PROTECTED  BY RISKING HIS CARRIER!!! YOU'RE NOT THE ONE WHOM HE TRUSTED BLINDLY!!YOU....CAN....NEVER.....UNDERSTAND....WHAT.....I'M..... FEELING......NOW!!! NEVER!!!"

Rahul sat down and burst into tears. Mayank didn't said anything and silently went to bring the first aid box to bandage Rahul's wounded palm. Rahul was keep sobbing in Mayank's shoulder..... the later was sitting with his best friend and rubbing his back to soothe him.

"You can't relate with me now, mayu!!! No one can!!!"

Yes..... no one can ever relate what rahul exactly felt...... when he heard virat saying those words.