Play #1 [pt. 6 : SAY A LITTLE PRAYER]

NOTE:
Some of the parts of the story are not in Greek mythology and are just an addition to keep the story more detailed and to suit the characters more.

And also for ✨comedy✨

---

"Why are you here?" Athanasia asked as she thundered herself into the throne room with Lucas and Felix following her.

Lucas wanted to say something to Roger but somehow the words in his mind won't come out. It's like he's hesitant to talk to him.

"You know the reason Athanasia," Roger said, his voice full of worry. He glanced at Lucas then back at Athanasia. "The upper world is in chaos. You've angered Helena, crops won't grow anymore, the humans are dying of starvation."

"Do I care?!" Athanasia spat. "Let her be, let the humans perish! If she wants, I could also set free these souls to the upper world and let them destroy it more!"

Lucas flinched, his mother won't let the crops grow? Because of him?

"I..." He wanted to speak, but when his eyes met Athanasia's he paused. Her eyes were pleading in desperation. Lucas didn't know what to do.

Why now? He was waiting for this day to come, for someone to take him back. His mother is waiting up there for him. And if he doesn't get back, it will be the end of humanity. And he is the reason for it.

The death of the gods will be on his hands.

And Athanasia...

The scene of him and Athanasia on the balcony, laughing together flashed onto his mind. His heart suddenly felt heavy as the image of her laughing face slowly faded away.

He could only hang his head low.

"Athanasia, maybe it is not meant to be for you two to be together..." Roger tried to talk to Athanasia with comfort. "Even a little prayer won't help."

"...." Athanasia pursed her lips. Even her back is facing Lucas, he knows that she is tearing up at what Roger says.

Don't cry... Lucas unconsciously thought. He is not even denying that phrase.

"It is the best for you to let go..." Roger ended, slowly walking towards her. "If humans die, where would we be? It would be the end of the gods and you won't see Lucas anymore. If you let him go, you can always see him from afar."

From afar. That words echoed into Lucas's mind. He remembered what Athanasia told him with the flowers that he gave to the souls before going down. She has been watching him.

Without even hoping for their love to bloom.

Our? Lucas was surprised at his thoughts. Is this really his genuine thoughts?

Lucas watched Athanasia's shoulders starting to shake, she was crying. And as soon as he noticed it, he felt something breaking inside of him. It felt painful as if he was walking on broken shards of glass. Or even more painful.

Roger patted Athanasia gently on the shoulder before going to Lucas who is still lost in thought, his eyes never leave Athanasia's trembling back.

"It's time to go home, boy. Your mother is waiting for you," he said.

Lucas didn't budge. His minds were full of thoughts about the Underworld. About how the ghost treated him well, about how honest Athanasia is for her love for him, and how he finds some parts of the world beautiful.

And now, he might not see this place again.

But doesn't he want to go back? To the place where he could learn more about herbs, plants, the haven that his mother gave to him to keep him safe.