Shadows

Miku POV

Miku POV

It was almost midnight at the moment. And my eyes, legs and body were already killing me despite still not accomplished the mission yet. But I was still determined.

Meiko-sensei was surprisingly ok to work with. She wasn't rude and mean like Len. I mean... she does scream a lot and eventually hits us on the head from time to time when when we made mistakes. But I'd rather have her as my trainer than Kagamine-Sensei.

We were hidden within the shadows of roof of the palace. Watching as the prince got down from his palanquin and enters inside the palace. Four Guards following him.

The prince by the name, "Hitoshi", was around Nero's a age. Probably a year or two older. With long black hair and grey eyes. He seemed like those kind of princes that loved to abuse the power they had. With the way he was ordering guards and servants around anyhow. Nothing like Nero.

I sure would enjoy knocking him out.

"Let's move " Meiko whispers, ushering us to follow her to what I was assuming where the prince's chambers were.

By the time we got there, he was already waltzing in with some maids following him with his food. Two guards standing in front of his doors.

"We'll have to wait until those maids step out. Then we'll take out the guards and get to him" she turns to look at me, "Miku, you'll come with me so we take care of him. Kirito, you'll stand watch. Clear?".

We both nod.

We were hiding amongst the dragon statues at the ceiling. The ledge helping us balance. Ten minutes later, the maids walk out of the room with a dishevelled look. And I scrunch my face in disgust. I don't even want to know know happened in there.

There were pillars leading to the prince's room, so we use them to get closer and over the guards.

Meiko gives us a go ahead as we ready the chains in our hands. Tying them in a loop. We lower them slowly and silently. Quickly looping them around their neck swiftly and yanking them up. Making then choke out a shocked scream. I watch as their movements slowly seize to stop. Before we slowly let them down.

Meiko motions for me to follow her. She drops to the ground. I drop down next to her and she opens the large double doors. I follow her inside. Heart pounding in my chest.

The room was empty, but we could hear the prince's terrible singing from where I assumed to be the bathroom. Meiko-sensei leans on the wall beside the bathroom door and then asks me to lean on the other side of the door. And soon enough, the door opens. Meiko-sensei sticks out her foot making him trip and fall. She immediately goes down with him.

Stepping her foot hard on his back, she grips his hair. Bringing her sword to his throat, "scream, and I'm going to slit your throat" she whispers lowly. As I walk around them. Standing in front of the prince.