Chapter 7

"Stop it." Mijo pleaded to Dae-sik that was carelessly peppering her with kisses just as she closed the door of their apartment.

Shaking his head, he replies, "No, no. I am not stopping."

"I need to get changed."

"Later." He says, pulling her closer, inhaling her sweet scent.

Trying to fight the urge to smack his chest due to annoyance, she smells a funky scent, "Love, were you cooking something? I smell something burnt."

"Oh, shit." He utters, giving Mijo one last peck on her cheek before running to the kitchen while Mijo heads to the room, trying to contain her laughter. 

"Hi." She appears in the kitchen, now in the mood to distract her boyfriend. "What is that?" Trying to peek over her beau's broad shoulders. "You're lucky it didn't burn." She adds before placing a kiss on his back.

"Stop it."

"No."

"Do you want burnt food later?" He asks as he turns around, leaning by the counter.

"Of course not. But I want kisses, so I don't care." She says while he nods as he cups her face before capturing her sweet, tender lips.

-

"YAH!" Jin-woo shouts after he smacked Dae-sik with a pillow. "Why were you kissing your pillow?" Narrowing his eyes suspiciously before he continued, "Who were you kissing? Tell me."

"Get out." Dae-sik groaned, grabbing the comforter to cover his entire body. "I was in the middle of a very nice dream and you disturbed it. Now let me return to sleep even if there's a slim chance the dream's gonna continue." He continued, making Jin-woo smack him once more.

"What do you mean let you return to sleep. You have a long day ahead of you, you damn idiot." Jin-woo protested.

"No, I don't." Dae-sik retorts, finally sitting up. "And why are you wearing a suit? We aren't going anywhere that fancy." He asks while looking at his friend head-to-toe.

"How does Chairman Hyun even expect you to run the company acting like that."

"Just tell me what's happening."

Jin-woo facepalms himself. Sighing, he replies, "Check your calendar and see for yourself."

And Dae-sik did check his calendar, to his surprise he would actually once agree to what Jin-woo had said.

"You didn't tell me it was the 2nd already!"

Looking proudly at the mirror as he fixed his tie, Jin-woo replies, "I think you're young enough to remember and you're old enough to be responsible."

"Tch. You sound like a father."

"Daddy Jin-woo. That sounds good." He says, walking to the door while Dae-sik cringed as he laughed. "Stop laughing and get dressed. You have 10 minutes or I'm leaving you."

"I'm sorry but if I remember correctly, you were the one who tired me out yesterday touring me around as if you knew the places so much."

"Shut it or I'm really leaving you."

-

Opening her phone, Mijo smiles as she scrolls through her messages particularly from her bestest friends: Chan-young and Joo-hee.

As she finished reading Chan-young's last message, one notification popped up. It was an email. Surprised was an understatment as she read the contents of the email.