The letters

The flowers were soaked with rain just like the family's cheeks were soaked with tears. The mother, father and daughter weeped for their deceased child. Stabbed. Eight times in the chest. No weapon was found, nor a single trace of what vile human being could have done this.

The family recruited the best police officers and detectives in England to try and get justice for their daughter's murder. Sadly, all efforts to find the murderer have been left fruitless.

The mother and father pleaded repeatedly for months on end to keep the case open, but with no clues or evidence, there was no other choice but to close the case.

Nearly three months after the case was closed, the family had accepted the fact that their beloved daughter was gone, and no one could be blamed.

In the darkness of night the mother tossed and turned, unable to reside in the land of dreams. Through the silence, she heard the sharp tap of the letter box, swiftly followed by a flutter of falling paper. Silently, she crept down the stairs to retrieve the paper. As she opened the letter, her face turned as pale as the moon that waved in the sky and her hands shook as violently as an earthquake. In her grasp lay the letter. Small clippings from newspapers and tabloids made up a horrifying message: "I'm going to get you!".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AUTHORS NOTE
Hello,
So as part of our English lesson we had to create a plan for a story based on a stimulus. Me and my friend came up with the plot to this story but I really like how it turned out so I decided I would carry on the story here. Because of this I can't take all the credit for the plot line (however most of it was my idea) but the writing you see here is my own. The only thing that I cannot take full credit for is the plot line.