Another Gone

It was late afternoon when the post came. The shrill noise of the letterbox startled the mother. She rose from her seat to get the post.
Bills
Bills
More bills
But there was one single piece of paper at the bottom of the pile. The mother trembled as she remember what the previous letter had said.
Her hands were trembling; her heart was pounding. The letter had two words.
"Ten Days"
Ten day till what? Obviously it wasn't a countdown until a bloody party. Something sinister was happening - she despised it.

The following 10 days she received similar letters in the post, each one counting down.
She couldn't sleep; she was terrified. There was no longer any joy in her life.

"7 days"
"6 days"
"5 days"
"4 days"
"3 days"
"2 days "
"1 day"
But on the final day, the letter read something different.
"Times up, better not go outside"
The mother was crying from fear. She collapsed on the floor in a crumpled heap.
But then, from the back door, she heard her husband.
"Darling, I'm taking our daughter to play in the garden"
The mother froze as she stared at the letter in front of her. Terror consumed her. She was unable to move or speak.

Suddenly, she was brought back to the real world. She ran, as fast as she possibly could I hope she condo warn her husband and daughter before the went outside.
But as she reached the open door way she stood still. A dark, shadowy figure had swooped into their garden. It had her daughter trapped in its arms.
Before anyone could do anything, the figure rose into the sky and swarmed away, like a thousand bees. All the parents could hear was the blood curdling screams of their terrified daughter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AUTHORS NOTE:
Sorry I never update anything, I always forget oops.