chapter one

This is where you live right?" Addy stopped in front of my house.
I squinted my eyes at her.
"You don't know where I live? How are we still friends?'
She laughed,"I thought you said you didn't have friends?"
"I can't believe you, I was the one who literally taught you how to drive,"
I rolled my eyes  at her, but then something caught my eye.
The house next to mine had a moving truck in it's driveway.
It had been empty for a few months now, deemed haunted by all the kids on the block.
Addy looked at where I was staring.
"Hmm looks like someone's moving in," then arching one of her eyebrows she looked at me, "Maybe someone decent looking for once, or is your heart taken by Mr. Heart throb at the library?"
I rolled my eyes,"Yes I admit he was cute, really cute but I don't think we'll see him again,"
Addy placed her hands on her chest," Hon Where's the positive attitude? We're going back to the library tomorrow to uhhhh......," Addy cleared her throat,"Study,"
"Yes yes only studying," I got out of the car.
"Its your turn to pick me up tomorrow," she managed to yell before I slammed it shut.
I took the mail from the front of the house and walked in the house slowly sifting through it.
No letters regarding my medical school education.
I sighed. My counselor said there wouldn't be a problem, since I had perfect grades for almost everything. But the earlier I finish everything the earlier I can start my career.
Nobody was home.
I threw the mail on the table and opened the fridge.
Nothing. Well not nothing, but nothing appealing to the eye. I opened the fridge, nothing but the occasional frozen peas.
Sighing, I opened the fridge, again.
Nothing magically appeared. Finally deciding on some stale Potato chips and a can of soda, I sat down on the couch and opened YouTube on my phone.
Sudden voices  outside interrupted my very healthy and very delicious lunch.
The voices got louder and echoed from the front yard, it sounded like it was coming from the yard of the Maybe Haunted House.
Curiosity got the better of my and throwing my phone on the couch, I stepped closer to the window
A man and a woman we're arguing, while a boy and girl
The girl was on the phone waving her hands around in seemingly depressed motions.
She could put on a whole show like that, I slightly mused. I couldn't see any features of the boy, only his back.
Well at least it was straight. He wasn't tall or short either, kind of a perfect height.  If only I could see his face, maybe he was gonna be Addy's future hubby.
I opened the front door and walked out slowly with my stale potato chips.
I stepped outside carefully and moved closer to the fence.
There.  I could see them a bit better but I still couldn't  see the damned boy's face.
I started chewing, yes chewing on my potato chips,watching the people.
Man I was creepy, stalking my new neighbors.
As bit into a chip, the boy suddenly turned and eyes framed by glasses met my eyes.
There stood Mr. Heartthrob from the library.