Chapter One - The Beginnings

“What do you mean, I’m not good enough? I have shown time and time again that I am worthy of being here! I have passed all of your tests and you still think I am not worthy? Why?”

“Well, Alya. If you didn’t know already, you are just a human. Even though you haven’t shifted, they still portray you as weak. You will only be worthy once you have shifted. There is no other way around it. Yes, you are faste, stronger, and more agile, but it changes nothing. Now run along and don’t bother with me again until you have shifted. Do I make myself clear?” Miss Maius said in a stern voice.

I lowered my head as a sign of respect. “Yes, Miss Maius.”

“Good. Now hurry along before your parents worry.”

I ran out and lowered my head at everyone. They were all staring at me. As if I were some sort of alien.

What have I done wrong? I know I haven’t shifted, but I have proven myself more than worthy of fighting. I have won countless battles, mind them! What if I run away? What would they do? Would they search for me or would they not notice?

I ran to a clearing and stared at the river that I have never seen.

Where am I?

I suddenly became more alert than ever. A growl came from behind me. I turned around, and it was a wolf. I bowed my head to signal that I meant no harm, and I truly meant it. The wolf came closer after I held my hand out. The wolf scented my hand and backed away slowly; Whining.

Huh? Why was it backing away? Does it not know that I mean no harm, or is it something entirely different?

“Did I do something wrong? I don’t understand. Why are you backing away? I swear I mean no harm! Just please…” I didn’t quite know what I was asking, but the wolf shifted regardless.

The dark-haired male stood before me and smirked. “What? You never seen a wolf shift before? You should see the look on your face right now!”

My face turned from shock to anger. The nerve! Who the hell does he think he is?

“Why don’t you come over here and we can have a little fun?”

But before I could speak, he pinned me against a tree and started kissing me.

“Does my little pup love it when I have her pinned down and kissing her like the slut she is?”

I tried to push him off of me. Do something that would get him off of me, but I didn’t find the strength to. What was wrong with me? Why couldn’t I push him off?

He was getting impatient when I wasn’t responding to him. When I saw him take my shirt off, I felt it. I felt weak. I felt helpless. Maybe the sigma was right about me being weak. I haven’t shifted, and maybe that would be my downfall. I didn’t realize I was crying until I felt the tears fall.

“Aww, is my pup crying because she wants to take it further? Is she getting impatient?”

“What is going on here?!” The voice of what sounded like an older female.

The male that was previously violating me jumped up and turned to face the older female. From what I could tell, she was a big deal because it drained his face of all color. The male straightened up and bowed his head to the female before him.

“N-nothing Alpha Starlie. We were just-”

“Save it. We will place you in the dungeon until further notice.”

I saw some of my other pack members take him away and I tried my absolute best to not show any emotion.

What had I done to deserve this? Was I really that weak?

“No. Nor will you ever be. You are the strongest pack member that I have that hasn’t shifted yet. You have done nothing wrong. But I am sorry to say that you will transfer to another pack. The pack you will transfer to is the Starlore pack. Your train will arrive tomorrow morning. Be ready before then.” The female alpha addressed.

I nodded and escorted myself back to the main pack grounds to gather my stuff for tomorrow.

Credit For Today Goes To -
Langakiii

You are an amazing best friend! Thank you for being you!

Word Count - 746