Chapter 2 Diagon Alley

Bri's Pov

The following day I decided to go to Diagon alley like Dumbledore said. I checked over the directions as I walked to the Leaky Cauldron which would lead me to Diagon Alley. Studying my surroundings, I quickly came to see the tables, chairs and of course the bar.

It must be some sort of pub and hotel I thought. The Leaky Cauldron was packed with people who I assumed were witches and wizards too. I glanced the door that the professor told me I would need to go through. Making my way over to the bar tender, I had to squeeze and push through the crowd.

"Hello, my name is Bri. I was told by Professor Dumbledore that someone here would help me to get into Diagon Alley." I stated to the bartender. The bartender glanced up at me and smiled nodding his head before speaking.

"Yes, my name Tom, right this way." After hearing the man's name, I flinched at the fact he had the same name as my father. He shifted through the crowd quickly as I tried to hurriedly keep up. Tom made his way in front of a brick wall, and tapped the brick that was three up, two across, he tapped three times after taking a step back. "There you go, welcome to Diagon Alley. Enjoy." Tom then made his way back inside.

I gasped as I walked through down the cobbled street, there was so many colourful and peculiar shops. I knew I should get my stuff for school before I explored though. I glanced at my list which was probably the hundredth time I'd done that.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCH CRAFT AND WIZARDY

UNIFORM

First year students will require:

1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)

2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear

3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)

4. One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags

SET BOOKS

All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Standard Book of Spells (grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Albert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT

1 wand

1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)

1 set glass or crystal phials

1 telescope

1 set brass scales

Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST-YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS

I finally decided to start with my robes. Looking around I saw a man with long pale white blond hair who wore black robes and had a cane in his hand, a young boy who looked similar to the man stood next to the man it looked as if they were about to enter the shop closest to them. Drawing closer I caught some of their conversation. Such as Robes, Madam Malkin's Robes for all occasions and Draco. Curious I thought, the boy seemed as if frightened of the man I assumed was his father but he also looked as if he wanted to make his father proud.