Morning Patrols

Eio was most certainly not a morning person.

Being summed so early by his alpha had the young wolf in quite a temper. Siya hadn't anticipated the bratty attitude that would come with her personal training, but for whatever reason, she found herself being quite amused by his behavior. Eio showed minimal respect to the other wolves who would assist Siya on the usual patrol, and surprisingly enough, Siya did little to reprimand him for his actions. She couldn't help but laugh.

As the small group gathered from their houses, Siya made a formal introduction of Eio to everyone.

"This young wolf will be joining us on our patrols each morning," Siya stated, more for Eio's benefit than anyone else's. "He will be shadowing me predominantly, but I expect each of you to assist him if need be at any moment."

They nodded respectfully.

Her attention turned toward the young wolf who stood staring off into the distance. His eyes quickly darted to his alpha's once he felt her gaze.

"Eio, come with me." She turned on her heel, not having to look behind her to know he was following, and made sure to pick up an extra plastic bag for the young wolf's clothing.

Siya led the pair away from the rest of the group, and to the edge of her territory. She knew the rest of her patrol had spread out to their respective locations, and soon everyone would return to the camp in a matter of a half hour.

Group patrols were always much faster than when Siya patrolled on her own, and yet she preferred the early lonesome morning run. There was something especially peaceful about knowing she had no fear of running into someone, who being called.

Once the pair reached the edge, Siya turned to the young wolf with her hands on her hips. "You and I will be patrolling only a portion of the territory for now. That is how we patrol when we are working with groups. You will be here every morning at five—" Eio let out a low growl "—but Sundays."

His head perked up at the exception.

"Sundays, I patrol by myself. It's a rest day for my pack. You are included in that rest. For now." She added, knowing eventually she would want Eio to join her on the Sunday runs. In the meantime, he could enjoy the pass that the other wolves were given.

"Why Sundays?" He asked.

"Consider it a weekly holiday." She shrugged. "Today, I want you to follow me. You will search for any unfamiliar scents—I trust you know what your new pack's scent is."

Eio rolled his eyes at the pointed look Siya gave him. "Yes, I am aware of how you Omegas smell."

"You are one of us too, wolf."

"Yeah, yeah."

Siya simply shook her head, trying to hold back a smile. She handed Eio one of the plastic bags she had been holding and began to pull her shirt off. It wasn't until her pants were midway down her legs that she realized the little wolf was staring at her, wide-eyed, unmoving.

Eio's face flushed with the realization that he had been caught.

"What're you looking at?" Siya teased, stuffing her shirt in the bag. She could hardly blame the late pubescent wolf for staring. "I'm not trying to walk back into my building ass-naked. Unless you want your mother to see all of you, along with everyone else, I suggest you start stripping too."