Wound Up

Yeah, I don't know what happened, but it's looking like a two chapter kind of week 😂

-Parks 🖤

Levi woke up with a start and a loud gasp. The comforter was thrown down when he sat up in bed. He looked around, trying to take in his surroundings. The room was dark, but he quickly recognized it as his own. His shoulder slumped as his memories caught up to him followed by a blank space where he assumed he passed out.

"Levi?"

He lurched at the sudden noise and turned towards it. The last thing he expected to find was a sleepy Y/N sitting in his desk chair. Her arms rested on his bed as if she had been leaning forward and laying on them. One eye was squeezed shut while the other squinted at him.

"Y/N?" Levi croaked. His throat was dry from being asleep for so long. How long was I out?

Y/N sat up and rubbed the heels of her hands against her eyes with a groan.

"Are you okay? How are you feeling?" Concern seeped into Y/N's voice as she woke up more.

"What are you doing in here?" Levi asked instead of answering.

The room was almost pitch black, but he couldn't miss the way Y/N looked at him like he was an idiot.

"You passed out. I watched Erwin unload you from a cart of body parts. Where else would I be?" Y/N was fully awake.

Levi didn't know which emotion to focus on. The guilt he felt from scaring Y/N. The embarrassment of having fainted on a mission. The warm feeling in his chest over Y/N sleeping at his bedside because she was worried about him. Another wave of guilt for making her worry. It was too much. He couldn't maintain eye contact with her, so he looked down at his hands.

"I'm sorry, Y/N."

His broken tone of voice shattered Y/N's heart. She stood up and let the blanket fall to the floor. She wanted to hug him, but she stopped herself. The last thing she wanted to do was hurt him.

"Are you okay?" Y/N asked again.

He took a deep breath then sighed. "I'm fine. I'm not hurt."

Finally, he looked up at Y/N and froze when he saw what she was wearing. Or what she wasn't wearing.

"Why don't you have pants on?" Levi asked, staring unapologetically.

Y/N scoffed. "I wasn't going to sleep in uncomfortable pants when I'm already sleeping in your awful chair."

Levi pulled his eyes away from her bare legs. At least he did, until Y/N crawled into bed behind him and placed her legs on each side of him. Then, he had no choice but to look down at her legs that framed his.

Y/N rested her chin on his shoulder, and her arms snaked around his waist. Levi hissed when she tightened her arms, so she immediately released him and leaned back.

"I thought you said you were okay?" Y/N's hands fluttered over him without actually touching him. She wasn't sure where to put them or what to do.

Levi gritted his teeth and took a deep breath through his nose. "I am."

"Levi."

"I'm... a little sore," Levi admitted. "It's fine."

Y/N leaned forward again and wrapped her arms around him with care.

"I'm glad you're okay," Y/N said softly. "Don't apologize."

Levi covered her hand with his. "I didn't mean to scare you."

"Levi, please. I can hear how guilty you feel." She kissed his shoulder. "All that matters is that you're back."

And you were waiting, Levi thought. He shook his head in an attempt to clear his mind.