Part 1

"Are you ever going to take a break from that?"

Mackenzie looked up from the desk at Lilly in front of her relaxed out on the couch. "Lilz you know the community center is important to me. I've gotta put the time into getting it running right. You know people depend on me! I can't let 'em down."

"Mack come on! Julz can't be that tough on you?"

"Ah, it's not only her, well maybe? She's invested a lot in me doing this job, I can't let her down."

"I'm sure you won't Mack."

She sat back a moment. "Yeah, but your right I could do with a break, clear my head and all." She heard the heels coming down the stairs. She didn't even have to look up; she knew it was her Juliana. "A chance to get away from this one would be great." Juliana glimpsed at Lilly laughing. She came and stood next to Mackenzie resting her hand on her shoulder.

"Are you finally going to grace me by moving out?"

Mack looked up at her blonde roommate. "No, I'm not. But a break from you and your damn paperwork would actually make my day!" She smirked sarcastically.

Juliana laughed to herself quite smugly. "Now come on Mackenzie. We are technically in business together. You're stuck with me. Well, really I'm stuck with you." She leaned over to whisper. "You know if you moved out you could get your own room."

Mackenzie leaned into her. "I've got a better idea if you move out; I don't have to listen to you breathing all night!" Her accent came out a little too strongly.

"Hmm." Juliana stood up watching her for a second.

"Nah I'm happy to torture you for as long as I can!"

"Well can you torture me from somewhere else, please? I'm busy."

"Sure. Lilz, you seen Mrs. Finn the showers leaking again?"

"Yeah, she's in the kitchen."

"Thanks."

"Hey!" Mackenzie flinched as Juliana flicked her ear. "God that woman drives me crazy!" Mackenzie turned back to her books.

"You both drive us crazy." Lilly laughed turning back to the TV, a ball of paper bouncing off her head.

"Hey, Julz you've got some mail."

Tayla handed the envelope over the breakfast bar.

"Oh, that's right." Juliana took the envelope from her friend. "Dad rang me the other day. He wants me to take his place this weekend up at the Country Club."

"The Country Club?" Tayla questioned seeing Lilly come through the door.

"Oh, it's in Los Angeles. Just a whole bunch of daddy's friends and their wives met up for a long weekend of...random stuff." She turned the invitation over. "I don't really wanna go by myself. And I don't think its Casey's kind of thing."

"What about Mack?"

"Whaaat?" Juliana laughed looking over at Lilly.

"She needs a break."

Juliana walked around the counter laughing. "Excuse me! A whole four days stuck with Mackenzie? In Los Angeles? I don't think so."

Juliana found Mackenzie later on up in the bedroom they shared. 7 years now. On and off with Lilly and Tayla. The four of them had been together so long it was hard to think that at any time now they could all just leave.