⁰ ⁰ ¹

n o t e :
this fanfiction begins in chapter 25 of the manhwa.

someone hold me back i cant stop writing stories with hot main characters i just cant stop.

the retired mercenary's footsteps echo in the hallway of riches he walks across, paintings worth more than his organs are hung up on the wall, strokes and colors pleasing to the eyes

the marble tiles feel like a sin to step on, with the precision of mixture and texture, even the richest man would rather store them away than to have someone walk on them.

but none of these phase yu ijin.

he walks quickly. he wants this to be over with, though he wants it to be done well and unrushed at the same time. it was a request for the father of a man who once treated him with utmost kindness.

when he arrives and sits down on the grand furnitures, the conversation flows quickly, just as he'd like.

straight to the point. not a single second wasted.

then, the talk takes a turn just as it begins to finish.

"actually, i have someone i want you to see." the older man stops, straying from the topic. his smile is still soft, his expression has not changed.

ijin nods, agreeing wordlessly.

"wake the girl" the ceo motions towards the nearby servant, a slight rush in his movements.

"girl?"

yu ijin wonders who this man wants him to meet.

"old man, what is it this time?"

his heart flutters from the sound of your voice, lightly echoing from the hallway. you sound like you've just woken up, the rasp making his heart skip beats as he hastily stands from his chair.

how were you here?— no, why wete you here?

when you finally enter the room, dressed in your nightwear with hair messier than he's ever seen, your eyes widen as much as his.

"ijin?" you wonder aloud with a gasp, shock painting your features with a wonderful tone before you're quick to jump and envelope him into a tight hug.

he quickly carried your weight the moment you wrap your legs around his waist, arms loosely securing around his neck, and nose buried right under his jawline.