⁰ ¹ ³

"what are you doing? you should eat too."

you and cha seoha tell ijin, who's just awkwardly sitting there in front of his triangle kimbap, while both you and the celebrity eagerly devoured the cup of instant noodles.

"i usually just buy it and bring it home, but i'm relaxing and eating because both of you are here."

ijin finally decides to unwrap his food, carefully pulling the two pieces of plastic apart to avoid making the rice fall.

"i dont usually do this, but when i get really stressed, i like to walk around my house without worrying about anything. i've been in this industry since i was little, so i couldn't even walk around as i pleased. and since i'm always working, i don't have any friends either..what do you normally do? when youre hanging out.."

you're too busy enjoying your noodles, smiling in visible delight to notice that she had asked a question and that ijin took the liberty to answer.

"i go to the pc cafè with my friends after school sometimes."

"you go to the pc cafè after school?"

"yes."

"...why does it sound like i'm speaking to a high schooler?"

you choke on your food, coughing as ijin quickly helps you and pats your back, putting a cup of water to your lips.

"w-we can't lie our way out of this, can we?" you chuckle awkwardly after composing yourself.

"no."

──────⊱⁜⊰──────

the three boys stare in shock as cha seoha happily greets them as if she wasnt a celebrity praised by many.

it isnt long before you ease up the atmosphere and find yourselves in a pc cafè.

cha seoha is as bad as ijin, feeding, bringing down the strategy of the team, but thankfully no one was toxic on any of the teams. the rounds were full of laughs and moments where someone fucked up so hard you didnt know it was possible.

"fuck! cover me!"

"i cant, im helping noona out with farming!"

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOURE GOING INTO ENEMY TERRITORY"

"HOW DO I KNOW WHICH ONE OF THESE CHARACTERS ARE YOU GUYS AND THE OTHER TEAM HELP ME"

after more than a few rounds, your circle of friends leave towards the convenience store to rest and snack on food.

"wow, i didnt know noona would play with us." jaehyung flutters, excited to have met and talked with his idol.

"i didnt even know i was going to play a game in an Internet cafè today" she giggles, "i only did it at home sometimes."

"noona..i'm surprised you have such a good personality."

"you look much prettier in person!"

"thank you." suddenly, sha seoha's friendly smile turns into a menacing one, "but you told me i cant play."

"indisputable 100%." yeongchan firmly says, "you can't play the game."

his two other buddies agree with a tired tone.

──────⊱⁜⊰──────

after chatting away for a few more hours, you find yourself sleepy—probably because you slipped some liquor into a water bottleand ijin immediately notices, saying it was late and it would be better to head home.

both you and him sit at the back of seoha's car as she drives while you snooze away on ijin's shoulder.

he catches a whiff of beer from your breath as you snore, sighing before patting your head.

no wonder you'd gone sleepy so easily.

"it was my first time playing in an internet cafè so comfortably, i usually play at home by myself." seoha grins, hands on the steering wheel.

"don't you have friends to play with at home?" ijin keeps his voice down, careful not to wake you.

"honestly, i dont have any friends. ive been a trainee since i was in middle school. after debuting, i was too busy with work, it was only after a while that i realized i was pretty lonely.

among people i meet at work, there are people whom i see and meet time to time, but i can't really call them friends."

there's a slight pause in the air.

"but anyways, why are both you and ( y/n ) working as bodyguards?"

"i want to buy a gift for my sister's birthday, and i want to get a gift for ( y/n ) too."

cha seoha perks up—both in interest and in shock, "oh my! you took a bodyguard job to buy your sister and ( y/n ) a gift?"

"yes."

"wow...you're a good oppa." the actor smiles. "you seem to have a good relationship with your little sister. i feel jealous. i dont really get along well with my brother."

again, she changes the topic before a question can be asked. "where's your house? i'll drop both of you off. and! don't even refuse it, i have to drop you off since it's too late and ( y/n ) is drunk."

"it's fine. i have to see miss cha seoha off first and then go on my own."

"miss cha seoha? you... didn't i tell you to call me noona?"

ijin doesn't respond.

______________

as you blink your eyes open, you find yourself inside of your client's car.

'oops, i fell asleep.' you grumble in your thoughts, yawning as you shift your body and step out of the vehicle, your vision still unclear with the black dots appearing and disappearing.

crash!

your senses heighten at the sound of glass shattering and a body being thrown to the ground.

turning to the sound, you see the man—who'd been thrown on the ground–and ijin, assisting cha seoha step outside of a car where a window was smashed.

the situation was confusing, but still understandable enough for you to step in front of cha seoha to use your body as a shield.

"who are you people?! do you know who you threw just now!?" the man that ijin flipped over his shoulder exclaims with an angry red face.

"we are her bodyguards." ijin says, knowing you're too dozed off to answer with the way your eyes slowly blink.

as ijin handles the situation with the man, you turn to cha seoha and made sure there were no injuries on her body. "are you alright, miss seoha?"

she nods, but there's still a worried look on her face.

as the man who'd been assaulted drives away, ijin returns.

"what did you just do...do you know who that man is?" she asks ijin, who only nonchalantly says he was doing his job.

probably messed with some silver spoon guy.

"don't worry about that guy we'll take care of it." you butt in, "let's go. ijin and i will head home after making sure you arive in yours safely." you smile, ushering the two back into the car.