3: Laurent-Perrier

'Family is not always blood, but those willing to give blood'

My gaze locks with Enrique's while he studies me and I let him. "What?" I mumble as I walk past their rigid bodies and towards the parking lot.

"Mind explaining what that was?" Kayden's voice questions from behind me as the three slowly fall back in step with me courtesy of their non-average heights.

"Why?" I question back.

"Because I asked," he replies arrogantly, making me raise a brow at him.

"Then no," I reply.

"Excuse me?" He says in a tone that intended to intimidate, coming to an abrupt halt in front of me ceasing my movement as well.

"You're excused," I nod nonchalantly, before diverting my route and walking around him.

"What the actual fuck?" I hear him mumbling under his breath, but I pay him no mind and keep walking.

"Hey, I'm not done talking with you," he calls out after me, snapping out of his daze.

"Interrogating," I correct him, only to have him give a confused look.

"What you were doing is called interrogating, not talking," I clarify, but this just adds to his foul mood.

"Au contraire, little Liv, if I was interrogating you I would have had my answer by now and you my dear would not be...let's just say, you wouldn't be so alright," he remarks, a dark tone lingering in his tone causing me to frown.

"Great, now threats !" I clap my hands sarcastically. "Because that always seems to work, doesn't it," I add in an unamused tone.

"It's my main source of income actually," he replies with a sarcastic smile, but the look in his eyes suggests that there's some truth to his words, which concerns me.

All this while from my peripheral vision I can tell that the other two have seemed to take an intrust in our exchange, but choose not to offer their inputs while their youngest brother does all the talking--more like threatening.

"Do you mind?" I ask, directing my question to Enrique while motioning towards the locked door of the car. He raises his brow at me all still sporting his impassive yet calculative expression, he fetches his keys from his pocket and unlocks the car.

Wordlessly I get in the back and secure my spot by the window while they follow suit, with Enrique driving, Wesley in the passenger seat, and Kayden in the back with me.

"So, that boy back there is a friend of yours?" This time it's Wesley who inquires within the first five minutes of us pulling out from the school parking lot.

"You think I let random guys get kiss my cheek?" I counter-question.

I don't know what's come over me, because given any other circumstance I would usually have just concluded this conversation with a simple 'yes' or 'it's none of your business' but for some unknown reason, I feel the sudden urge to test them, see how I can push them before the snap or better yet give up.

"I don't know you that well," Wesley replies, with a good point.

"Where are we going?" I ask, diverting from the current topic.

"Don't change the topic," Kayden remarks, narrowing his eyes at me for a moment before shifting his gaze back to the front of the car after an ambiguous glace from Enrique is directed towards him briefly.

"Graham Lecter," I give in, curious to see their reaction or lack thereof.

"Boyfriend?" Wesley asks, his tone void of any emotions but my Kayden's whitened knuckles and the tensed atmosphere of the car I can gauge their feelings towards this topic.