⋆。° ✮ STRIKE ME A POSE

friday, 14th april 2022
enroute to the henry's house
𖤐⭒๋࣭ ⭑

TOLANI reached the car before her dad and sat down in the passenger seat

the girl just smiled to herself. she had just had the most enjoyable night on her father's 'dinner dates'.

aside from the slight awkwardness at first, everything went smoothly and Tolani truly enjoyed herself. she had no complaints for the first time ever.

but now, her dad was still engrossed in a conversation, that she thought had ended??

Tolani also couldn't help but nothing Bukayo staring over at her from where the parents were stood. she couldn't stop accidentally catching Bukayo's eye.

she chose to look down at her nails instead to avoid any awkwardness, and tried to hide the smile that was once again creeping onto her face.

finally - for real this time - Thierry bid farewell to the parents and the boys, and then entered the car.

Tolani shook her head in mock disapproval at her dad.

'Dad, why did you take so long, I'm tired!' she complained.

Thierry simply rolled his eyes and laughed at his daughter. he started up the car and began driving.

Tolani gave Bukayo a fleeting wave as he disappeared from her sight.

the whole way home, Tolani was in a good mood.
she kept scrolling through the pictures she had taken from the night, and her smile grew even more.

Tolani noticed her father giving her a 'knowing' look.

'can I help you Dad?' she questioned jokingly.

'well I can't help but see that someone looks very happy' Thierry teased his daughter, whilst she was looking through the remainder of the pictures.

Tolani shot him a playful glare.

'I can't believe that not too long ago you were begging me to let you stay home, now you keep looking at pictures of those boys' Thierry continued.

Tolani felt a bit embarrassed that her dad noticed her.

'that's not what I was doing' she lied, but her father could see straight through it.

he shook his head.

'and anyways Dad, I guess it wasn't that bad. you were right, the boys were very nice' she admitted begrudgingly.

her father laughed.

'I'm always right, am I not?' he joked to which Tolani rolled her eyes.

'and besides - it's great to see you making friends Lani, because you only have one actual friend' her dad playfully mocked.