⋆。° ✮ STARBOY

sunday, 16th april 2022
the emirates stadium
𖤐⭒๋࣭ ⭑

THE team arrived at the stadium around 3 hours before the game was due to start. it was standard for every home game.

they would have a pre match meal then have enough time to fully prepare themselves and get in the zone.

however on this occasion, Bukayo was finding it extremely difficult to quote unquote 'get in the zone'.

he couldn't understand why, but he was extremely nervous to know that Tolani would be in the stands.

truth be told, it had been a while since he had invited someone other than his immediate family and very close friends to watch him play.

not to mention, Arsenal really hadn't been in their best form in recent times. what if he severely underperforms and embarrasses himself in front of Tolani?

how would he even navigate his way through that one?

Bukayo was starting to really regret his choice to invite someone he barely knew to a game.

'bro what's up?' Emile asked Bukayo, as the team were in the dressing room, getting changed into the pre game training kit.

Emile knew Bukayo quite well by know and could sense when something was bothering Bukayo. 

also, Bukayo had been in somewhat of an absolute daze for the past 2 hours so it was very obvious something was up.

'nothing bro' Bukayo replied, very unconvincingly.

'I dont know if you're trying to convince me or yourself, but either way it's failing' Emile joked.

Bukayo sighed.

'don't lie to me bro, tell me' Emile persisted.

Bukayo gave in.

'okay well, basically I invited someone to watch the game today'

Emile immediately understood.

'who's got you feeling this nervous then?' Eddie asked, hearing his friends' conversation.

Bukayo rolled his eyes.

'she's not got me nervous'

'oh it's a she?' Emile teased, giving Bukayo 'those' eyes.

Eddie laughed, enjoying Bukayo being teased.

'so tell us B, who's the special lady?'

Bukayo knew he had no choice but to tell his friends. they would just pester him until he told them.

'um, Tolani' Bukayo said quietly and quickly.

'sorry, what was that?' Emile asked again.

'Tolani' Bukayo replied, louder.

'as in the one we went out to dinner with?' Eddie asked.

Bukayo nodded.

'man said Bukayo bagged Thierry Henry's daughter' Emile said and started laughing.

'who bagged who?' Reiss Nelson - another one of the Hale End graduates - asked, upon hearing their conversation.

'Bukayo's dating Thierry Henry's daughter' Eddie announced loudly for the whole dressing room to hear.

immediately, everyone broke into loud cheers and a few started patting Bukayo on his back.

'I never said that bro' Bukayo said.