15. Stuck in a Nightmare

 Ultron has enough rage to power the globe three times over. One small quip about Tony and the machine cuts off an arm. Malka has met men with unbridled rage, but not ones like this. Ironic, she supposes; Ultron is no man.

"Stark is...he's a sickness!"

"Ahh, Junior. You're gonna break your old man's heart." Malka hears her companions getting into position, their footsteps echoing in the factory as she climbs through the vents and drops down silently behind Ultron and his allies.

The Maximoff twins: Pietro and Wanda. The boy is fast, a blur. The girl may pose more of a challenge, more of something to fear for Malka. They are both so young—just children forced to grow up too fast—yet they have experienced too much. Just like Malka had by their age.

She ignores the measuring match between Tony Stark and his creation as she finds just the right spot where she is hidden by shadow yet can see everything.

"You two can still walk away from this," Steve says, his gaze flicking between the twins.

The girl smirks. "Oh, we will."

"I know you've suffered—"

"Ugh!" Ultron exclaims. "Captain America. God's righteous man, pretending you could live without a war. I can't physically throw up in my mouth, but—"

"If you believe in peace, then let us keep it." Thor holds his hammer low, but she can see his muscles tensing.

"I think you're confusing peace with quiet."

"Yuh-huh," Tony nods. "What's the vibranium for?"

"I'm glad you asked that because I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan." Ultron surges forward, catching Tony off guard. Malka almost sighs when Tony recovers quickly enough to engage Ultron, dragging him further away when other machines attack Thor and Steve.

Pietro disappears from sight, Wanda flinging Steve's shield back at him. When armed mercenaries flood the factory, Malka lunges forward and grabs Wanda by the back of her collar, tugging her into the shadows.

Wanda quickly pushes herself away as Malka holds up her hands. "You're gonna get shot if you stand still during a fight like that, kiddo."

"I thought you weren't supposed to give advice to your enemy," Wanda replies, tilting her head.

"You've been able to hear my thoughts since I came out of that vent, yet you haven't attacked me yet," Malka replies with an arched brow. "Hear anything interesting?"

Wanda falters as bullets ricochet behind her. "You could kill us all. Why haven't you?"

"I don't want to." Malka bites her lip, taking a step forward. "Powerful people have done enough to me. I won't become what they want, so why have you let them manipulate you?"