reconciliation

it's been a few months since stream elements and eating infants officially broke up. recently it's been evident to both they made the wrong decision, eating infants gives them a call.
"hey stream elements, i'm so sorry. i truly do love you, so much. i really like you. i'm happy to be friends still if that's what you want, but my feelings for you never left."
stream elements paused and simply said excitedly, "really?" to which eating infants replied, "yes, stream, i love you." and then she hung up.
stream elements pov:
did they just say they love me? what about rock? what happened? i need to think.
*in their head* i love them so much but i don't know how i would express it.
i'll call them back.

eating infants pov:

did i really just say that? did i tell them i love them? it felt good to finally do it after months of bottling it up, but i just don't know how to feel
*ring ring*
they're calling me.

narrators pov:

"hey eating infants," stream elements says nervously. "did you mean what you said earlier?"
"yes, i did stream elements, again if you don't reciprocate those feelings that's totally fine it's jus-"

"i love you too." stream elements says in a warm tone.

"....wait what?" eating infants says confused, "can you repeat that one more time?"

"i love you, eating infants." stream elements repeats gladly.

eating infants squeals into the phone out of pure happiness.
"meet me at the park at 8." he says before hanging up.

*timeskip*

"uh..hey!" eating infants calls out to stream elements.

"hi eating infants!" they say with a hint of nervousness in their voice.

they stay in silence for a few moments before stream elements hugs eating infants tightly.
"i've missed you, so much."