【03】The Street Performers

03.1 THE STREET PERFORMERS

During daytime, roads were always teemed with people; roaming and chattering. But some alleys were the opposite of it, only some faint voices and sounds from the road could reach there.

Only breeze pottered there, it kicked up the dust from those buff stone-tiles roads. Dirt had settled on the walls and road. Arched windows were built there on walls. Two people came dashing in that alley.

Their faces were moisted. They both caught their breath. Their huffing caused the silence to flee away.

"Azeal, I want to ask you someth-" Sierra said, furrowing her eyebrows at Azeal.

He interjected Sierra. "Wait; let me..... catch my.... breath, Sierra..." He sent his butt to fall on the ground gently. He was panting as if he ran a hundred miles.

Sierra traipsed to her, leaned and grabbed his collar "Why are you panting like a thirsty dog, when I am the one who runs the whole way while carrying you." She shouted in enrage.

He giggled. "Sorry! Sorry! I am just kidding. Why did you run so far anyway? It is not that the king's dog comes after us whenever we run away."

She smacked a chop on his head. She leaned her back against the wall and crossed her arms. "It's not like that I am afraid of Aslan. I just ran down to this alley as I had to hide you too."

Azeal got himself up, pushing his hand on the ground. He went to Sierra and kept patting on her shoulder with both hands. "He...Hu..Haa..Haa." He laughed in a weird way.

She grabbed his wrist to stop him and asked getting frustrated. "Why are you laughing like a dumb?"

"Sierrrrrrrrrrra" He toothily grinned.

"Stop rolling your tongue." Her eyebrow twitched from getting irritated.

"I am glad to know that you're concerned about me that much." His grin didn't fade.

She lowered her head in annoyance and sighed. "Please, throttle this happiness." She raised her head and passed a gentle smile to him.

"Anyways, come count the money that we earned today. Look how full this pouch is." Azeal sat down, pulled her arm and forced her to sit too.

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5,6,7,...."

"Azeal, doesn't it seem strange."

"About what?.....8,9,10,11,12,..."

"Whenever we count money, Guru Hanroh comes and snatches our money from us. It doesn't matter wherever we hide, he finds us."

"Uggh!! And whenever you speak of that wretched Hanroh, only then I forget to count.... Don't worry he will not come in this alley, now count this with me."

Both of them got so lost in counting, their ears couldn't hear the footsteps reaching them. A man stood behind them. He slit his sleeves up and slapped on their napes.

"Aaaahhhhh!!!!" Both screamed in unison. They leapt to their feet, turned around. Their whole spine trembled with fear when they saw their-

"G-Guru...H-Hanroh... W-When did ..you get here..?" Azeal asked with a forcibly smile.

His fair complexion was as fair as clouds. His wavy dark-black hair held a sheen from the sun. His whitish-blue eyes seemed as stunning as the freezing sea. He was claded in black. His one arm was harnessed with leather armour stap. His collar was lifted up, hiding his nape. Even his long knee laced up boots were black in colour.

"What? Aren't you happy to see me here? Well, I was here from the beginning. I was standing at the outside of the alley; I heard your whole conversation from there. And one more thing...." Hanroh sauntered toward Azeal. He leaned to reach his shoulder and whispered.