【04】The Promise

04.1 THE PROMISE

Hanroh was pacing back and forth in Great Hall while he was waiting for the King. The hall was three times as long as it was wide and it was also higher than it was wide. The screen passage for entrance, which was made of rare white Agate stones, looked as beautiful as snow. The gallery above screen passage looked so real as if a warrior wearing gold armour in the gallery would come out of it.

At both sides; wooden chairs had placed in a row, as far as table's length. Azeal was sitting on one of the chairs; he had folded his arms behind his head. Out of so many huge bay windows on the wall, Sierra was standing by the bay window which was next to the Azeal.

A man entered The Great Hall, he was wearing well-embellished white tunic and trouser with gold-work thread and knee high lace boots. His face was also porcelain in complexion like Azeal.

"Have you waited too long?"

Hanroh and Sierra knelt down before him. Azeal sprung up attentively as he saw the man.

"Please, stand up. How many times have I said that you both don't need to kneel down."

"His Majesty, it is our gesture of loyalty, obedience and respect to you. As for me, if it weren't for you, I probably wouldn't have been what I am today." Hanroh said these words while clambering up to his feet.

"I just did what needed to be done. It is my duty to be there for my people when they need me."

Hanroh cracked a warm smile as he looked at King's kind grey eyes as if they were enough to ensure that what he said was true.

That kindness rushed away when those eyes dashed to Azeal flaming with anger.

"Don't you want to say something to me?"

Azeal didn't say anything and lowered his eyes. Sierra's eyes became saddened as she looked at him. Hanroh stared at him for a while then he bowed his head.

"I think we should take our leave now."

As Hanroh and Sierra were leaving, they saw a woman approaching the hall. She was  garbed in a velvet elaborate gown with rich trimmings of gold. She adorned her bun with silk cloth that was long to her feet. Her face held an ivory complexion.

They quickly knelt down the moment she reached them.

"Please, don't do this. Are you both leaving?" Her tone was gracious. Her voice held calmness.

They stood up. "Yes, Her Majesty. We were just about to leave." Hanroh said politely.

"Could I talk to you for a second Sierra?" She beamed a smile to Sierra.

Sierra looked at her being slightly surprised. Hanroh scanned her face for a while. He bowed his head and left from there.

"I must thank you for always protecting my son." A smile on her face was still beaming at her. She brought her both hands to her belly and held them.

Sierra fluttered her eyelashes. A slight smile came over her face. "Her Majesty, don't embarrass me by saying this. I am just fulfilling my duty as His Royal Highness Body guard, just as my father fulfilled his duty as King's body guard in his time."

She brought her hand close to her lips and chuckled. "I should thank you for this too."

"What else are you thanking me for, Her Majesty?" She gave her a simper. Her eyebrows frowned.

"You know that Azeal doesn't like all this royalty, he always tries to find ways to escape from this royalty. He doesn't even be friends with princes and princesses of other kingdoms. He doesn't like when someone sees him as a prince." The Queen sighed, her black eyes became saddened.