【05】Guru

【05.1 GURU】

A hot, sweaty and damp smell  was emanating from the stable. Horses let out a sputter when a hostler poured the hay in the wooden feeder box.

Sweat was streaming from hostler's forehead. A rag was hung around his neck, he mopped the sweat with it.

He gazed at the warriors guarding the gatehouse. The sun was glaring hard at them. Gravel walls were being raised up and were enduring the sun's glare. Their shadows were casting on the dusty ground.

A riveted wooden door was caged behind the portcullis, its shadow seemed as if a beast was baring its teeth. A young warrior was guarding that entrance door.

A stone arched bridge supported by pillars; was connecting the gatehouse with a castle. Hanroh had just reached the bridge and he heard a commotion  at the entrance..

'What's going on there?'

~•*•~

"Please let me through." Kamoor was moving left-right to get a glimpse of inside but the guard-man kept coming in front of his view.

The Guard-man seemed to be in his teens. No warriors and guards seemed to be clad in specific uniforms. They just wore simple-common clothes.

They all just strapped a leather vest around their chests which helped others to recognise them as warriors.

Each of them fashioned the vests in their own way.

"First, state your purpose for meeting with His Majesty." A guard-man crossed arms around his chest.

"I don't want to meet your King." He stopped moving and looked away.

"Don't tell me you are here for His Royal Highness. Sorry for breaking your heart but His Royal Highness is not interested in boys."

"I am not here for your prince as well!!" Seriously, who died and made you the guard." He scratched his head getting frustrated.

"Actually the one who gave me this post is still alive. His Majesty's Advisor suggested His Majesty to give me this post."

'So this sin has been done by the hands of my father.' His eyebrow twitched as he wondered.

"OYYEEE!!!" A man yelled running toward them. As soon as reached to them he grabbed the guard-man's head and bowed his head forcibly. "My apologies, he is new here so he didn't know who he was talking to. The man cracked a warm smile. "You should also apologise!!" He shouted at the guard-man.

"I- I am really sorry." He tried to peek at Kamoor but the man didn't let go of his head.

"Let him through." The man lifted his hand from the guard-man's head. As Kamoor moved inside both guard-men started whispering.

"Is that person Noble, senior?"

"Of course he is. He is the son of Manzu Alkaza, His Majesty's Advisor."

"But I never see them in the Castle."

"That's because they don't live in the Castle. His Majesty especially has built a huge library for them. And apart from spell books in the library, there are many other such things which should be in the house. That library is their home."

The guard man bowed his head. "From now on, I will never make such a mistake."

~•*•~

Kamoor traversed the bridge and was welcomed by the towering white-walls, his whole spine shiver with astir looking at the infrastructure of the Castle.