unfinished: enemies-to-lovers story

tw/cw: very, very, v e r y brief mention of blood, knives, and betrayal of close friends 

 A woman walked down the stairs, confidence radiating from her person. Eyes were drawn to her, her presence commanding your attention and respect, or at the very least, your attention. Her flowing, red dress pooled around at the back like a pool of fresh blood. Her lips were red, the color of danger, and her eyes a piercing steel blue, like a dagger ready to stab through your heart. Her flowing locks were curled and thrown over one shoulder, looking effortless in their simplistic beauty.

People were too swept away by her commanding presence and devastating looks, but if they had truly paid attention as one man did, they would have seen a flash of silver strapped onto the woman's thigh. She had brought a knife to the dance, and it seems that she intended to use it.

-

Eliza knew the effect she had on other people, and she loved the awe and love filled looks that came with it. Those starry eyes looking up to her kept people blind to her true intentions, and in her line of business, that was always the best option. Those bright lights shined on Eliza were not for nothing though. She always dressed to impress anyone she came into contact with- she lived a luxurious enough life to always be able to do so anyways- but during large events like this, her looks were good enough to kill. It's not like that was much of a metaphor though. She went into this gala prepared to kill someone who had wronged her and her family years ago, and got away scott free.

The man's name was Evan, and Evan used to be Eliza's best friend.

Evan used to be her friend. He used to be her closest confidant, him and her against the world, but that changed when she found out he and his family had used her to steal from Eliza's parents.

After that, Eliza's family broke all ties with Evan's. Over the years, Evan had tried to reach out and apologize, to explain himself, but Eliza never let him. She refused to be sweet-talked into forgiving the unforgivable. Eliza put family before anything else, and Evan had hurt her family. What was there to forgive in such a horrendous crime?