GUILTY (2/5) || 13

december 03; 11:05 hrs

"you can take her," yoongi nods after going through the documents, gesturing his hand for his men to let jimin and jungkook take aera with them.

the eldest brother takes a breath of relief, hugging aera tightly and kisses her head several times, being unbothered by the fact that she doesn't hug him back or even smile in response. jimin pulls away slowly, wiping his tears to look at her face properly, her eyes were red from crying, lips looking a bit chapped and hair messed up from yesterday. he strokes her head with one hand, cupping her cheek with the other and leans down, "we'll go home now, don't worry hm?"

her silence makes jimin chew on his lower lip to contain his sob as he turns to look at the younger brother who is staring at the kid with concerned eyes, yet there's s glint of nothingness that helps him have himself together– as though it was quite normal to see people hurt and scared like that.

once again jimin realised these people dealt with all this on a daily basis. the men and women in the police station must've arrested more than hundreds of people till now and it's become so common for them that one more doesn't even count now. the officer from cwc– chelsea, she must've seen kids traumatised like that before too, being arrested, being released, being a witness, a suspect and what not?

then jungkook, his very own brother. he, too, has seen families breaking, guilty being set free, innocent being framed, people being sentenced and everything like that. he was a criminal lawyer, and his job has made his heart almost numb at this point. but seeing his sister like this, he was certain of the need to get her out of this mess.

"thank you," he shakes hands with yoongi and then with kang.

"advocate jeon, once again we're at it." kang leo chuckles, standing in front of jungkook, "i was wondering how come you didn't show up yet, especially when it's my case. anyway, what i actually wanna let you know is that ransom will be here next week, and he seeks justice for his brother. be prepared," he smirks at the lawyer then at his sister who doesn't even look up.

jungkook cocks up a brow amusedly, "really? well you know me officer kang, i always win, and this time there's particularly no way i don't. if you know what i mean?"

jimin and the rest feel the thick tension in the air just from the way the lawyer and the senior inspector are at each other's throat with their deadly gazes. jimin glances at aera, tugging on jungkook's hand and gestures him that they should head home now.

"miss chelsea will go with you," yoongi informs, "–to ensure aera's being given the proper care,"

"we don't nee–"

"yes, you do, jimin." the elder officer sighs, "it's an order from cwc." he glances at jungkook, eyeing him as if virtually communicating about the matter and telling him to talk to jimin explain him the need to follow the law and order rather than being emotional while making decisions.