76

The van lurched forward as it sped off, and Isabella did her best to peer out the bullet-sized holes in the doors to catch a glimpse of the group.

She spotted Rick and Carl sobbing as the van carrying her sped off.

Isabella wanted to cry, she'd gotten herself in so much shit, the deepest shit she'd even gotten herself into.

"Daryl," she whispered, turning to him who laid against the corner, staring at her. "Are you-are you okay?"

"Why'd you pull that shit?" He murmured.

"I had to," Isabella then crawled to him, wanting to check on his wound.

"Are you okay?"

"No, don't worry about me," he huffed, pushing her away.

He hated her for doing that, he was willing to accept being Negan's prisoner if nobody else got hurt.

But now Isabella was in here with him, and it made matters worse that she was pregnant.

"Daryl," she pleaded with him, and she bounced up from a sharp jump in the road.

"Don't," he shook his head.

They felt the van come to a stop, and the two braced for whatever was going to meet them on the other side.

"Don't tell anyone," Daryl softly said as they heard voices walk to the back.

She nodded, knowing what he was referring to.

The doors then swung open.

"Aw, how sweet," Negan laughed at how Daryl and Isabella were side by side. "Hope y'all said your goodbyes. Get them out of here!"

The saviors were brash and abrasive as they yanked both out, separating both of them. Negan eyed them both as he decided to do with both of them.

"Take him to a cell in A," Negan ordered. "And her, send her to room eight."

His men nodded and began pulling the two further apart, and Daryl and Isabella locked eyes for a moment, silently wishing one another the best of luck.

****

The sun was barely coming out when Rick and the others snapped out their daze.

Sasha and Rosita were sobbin over Abraham's body, and Glenn was doing his best to comfort Maggie.

"Mom, she's out there," Carl's voice cracked, and Rick shook his head, trying to not let more tears spill, he didn't want to think of what she was going through, or what she would go through.

Sasha and Maggie then came to the conclusion that they'd both go to Hilltop.

Sasha would bury Abraham there, and she and Rosita both got to say their goodbyes to Abraham's body.

Glenn would go with them too, and the guilt ate at him as he tried not to imagine Isabella in that situation all because she tried to save him.

"What do we do now?" Glenn asked Rick who met him with a broken expression.

"We go back home, we need to- we need to prepare ourselves for them," Rick said. "They won't leave us alone."

Glenn didn't dare mention Isabella as they parted ways.

The ride home was silent, and soon Rick pulled the RV into Alexandria.

Everyone dispersed to their homes, needing to get some moments to themselves. They needed to compose themselves for what was to come.

Olivia gave them Judith, and her heart broke when she learned what happened out there.

Rick and Carl silently walked to their home. Carl walked straight to his room while Rick put Judith in her crib.