12

I rub my hand as I sit in the car. The driver takes me to my hotel where I pack up my things to take to Daisuke's. I wasn't sure how to explain any of this to my boss or Liz, but I knew I had to play along in order to get close to Onisha...even if it meant keeping my work out of the loop. I was disgusted to even have to look at the man, knowing he was the reason everyone I love was killed. My eyes start to water but I quickly contain them as we pull up Daisuke's house.

I was still shocked by how extravagant this place was. I've seen my fair share of rich houses, but this topped them all. The driver carries my luggage in and I am greeted by Suzue who smiles at me.

"Welcome home, Ms. (l/n)." She said.

I give her a small bow and smile at her. It was going to take me a bit to get used to calling this my home for the time being.

"Call me (y/n). No need to be formal now." I said.

Suzue giggles, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Sorry. I'm still getting used to having another girl around. You're the first girl Daisuke has ever let come here." She said.

I laugh, looking at her in shock. Her expression doesn't change. I realize she's telling the truth.

"The first girl? No girlfriends or anything?" I asked.

She shrugs.

"He never did relationships. It's very hard for people like us." She said, a small frown forming on her lips.

I frown as well, knowing in a sense how she felt. The rich and famous were used and abused all the time. I'm not surprised it was hard for them to find someone who wanted them past their money and title. Suzue shakes off the sadness and waves her hand.

"Anyways, I'm here to give you a tour of the place. Since you'll be living here, it's only ideal for you to be familiar with everything." She said.

*************************

Suzue shows me the whole entire house, which was more than I ever had to deal with. I was a little nervous about staying here, not knowing exactly what I could do and not do, but it was a sacrifice I had to make in order to get close to Onisha.

Suzue walks me out into the backyard and I was somewhat excited for it. She told me no one ever used it which was very surprising. It had a huge pool, a hot tub, area to relax around a fire and more. I knew I'd spend a lot of time out here, especially if Daisuke wasn't there.

We walk back into the house. She advises to me that dinner would be ready soon and I was free to wonder on my own. I made my way to my room and unpacked all of my things. I pull out my laptop and go through some files about Onisha that I found on my own. There was barely anything here, but I needed to know more about him.

I hear footsteps near the entrance of my room. Looking up from my laptop, I see Haru standing there. I close the laptop and set it behind me on the bed.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

He walked over and sat down next to me on the bed. He looked to be upset and confused.

"Daisuke invited me over for dinner." He said.

I got the feeling he didn't really want to talk. I felt guilty. I'm assuming he now knows of Daisuke and I's "relationship".

"It's nice to see you." I said.

Haru sighed, giving me a fake smile.

"I heard about you and Daisuke...I would've never thought you two were dating all this time." He said.

I forgot that we apparently started dating long before I came to Japan. That's something I shouldn't forget. I bite my lip, nodding at him.

"I'm sorry I didn't mention it. I didn't want anyone to know about us since we were working together. I hope you are ok with that." I said.

"Is that why you stopped working with Daisuke and I? To distance yourself from him for work?" He asked.

That was actually true. I never imagined I'd be secretly working with him though.

"Yes. It has nothing to do with you. You're a great partner. Daisuke's very lucky to have you." I said.

I place my hand on his knee, smiling at him. He looks over at me, his eyes widen slightly by the sudden touch. I'm not sure why, but he reminded me of Luke so much that I'm just drawn to him.  I realize how close I've gotten to him and quickly stand up.

"I'm so sorry...I..um. I need to get ready for dinner." I said.

Haru takes a long breath and stands up. He walks over to me and places a hand on my cheek. I look up at him confused. He gives me a small smile and makes his way out of my room. I stand frozen in place, trying to wrap my head around what just happened. I place my hand on my cheek where his touch lingered.

'Is there...something there?'

I make my way down to the dining room where I'm greeted by Suzue, Haru, Daisuke and a couple servants. I walk over to where Daisuke is seated and take the seat next to him. He leans over to me and kisses me on the cheek. I look over at him and give him a small smile.

We all dig in to the delicious meal placed before us. It was silent for a little bit. Suzue started discussing some mechanical things with Haru, who was oblivious to most of what she said. He seemed to be focused and involved in the conversation. I silently eat my meal, my mind running wild with thoughts on everything.

Daisuke places his hand on mine, causing me to break out of my trance. I look up at Daisuke as he looks at me with a confused expression.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

I nod. I try my best to stay happy for the rest of the meal. Once we finished eating, I quickly excuse myself and make my way back to my room. I close the door and walk into my bathroom. I turn on the sink and splash some water in my face. I look up and frown at my reflection.

'I don't deserve to be pampered like this...'

I undress, leaving my bra and underwear on and walk back into my room. Daisuke sits on my bed and watches me. I roll my eyes and walk over to the closet, grabbing a t-shirt and sweat pants.

"Have you ever heard of knocking?" I asked.

"I did. You didn't answer so I just came in." He said.

"Oh.."

I put the shirt on and stand still as he walks over to me. He leans in, looking at my face.

"You're upset about something." He said.

I look off to the side, avoiding his gaze. I sigh, slipping on the sweat pants and turning my back to him.

"There's nothing to be upset about." I said.

He walks back in front of me, causing me to look down at my feet.

"There's a lot to be upset about. You've lost a lot." He said.

I didn't like him bringing that back up, even though I knew it was true. My anger started to rise.

"We're done speaking of this." I said.

I try to walk away, but he grabs my hand and pulls me against him. My hands land on his chest and I could feel his heart beating fast. I refuse to look up at him, but I don't move. He gently wraps his arms around me and...hugs me.

"What are you doing?" I said.

He doesn't answer me, his hold on me tightening. I wasn't sure exactly what he was trying to do or how he was feeling. I didn't even know what I was feeling. This was different than how Haru made me feel. It was different and new.