13

The week went by fast. I researched more about Onisha, as well as talked to Daisuke about him. I didn't tell Daisuke my plan on getting very close to Onisha on the level of being alone with him. I didn't want to do anything sexual but I wanted to get him so focused on me, that I would get the chance to kill him.

Tonight was the night of the party and I planned to get some alone time with Onisha. I picked out a dress I knew Onisha would love and slipped it on. As I was getting ready, Suzue walks in and hands me a small box.

"What is this?" I asked.

"A gift from Daisuke." She said.

I look at the box and start to open it. My heart stops and tears roll down my cheeks as I pull out the familiar bracelet. I was at a loss of words.

"H-how..." I said.

Suzue smiled at me, her eyes watering as well. I ignored her and quickly ran out the room. I made my way to Daisuke's room and without knocking, opened the door. He turns around with a chocked expression. He was shirtless, holding his button up shirt in his hands. I walked in, shutting the door behind me.

"How..did you get this?" I asked.

I held up the bracelet, dangling it in front of me. His face went back to its normal serious expression. He ignored my question, slipping on his shirt. I walk over to him, getting super close to him so he's unable to button the shirt. I wanted his full attention.

"Where. Where did you find this!?"
I said.

My voice cracked and got louder. I was emotional. I didn't know how to feel about this. Daisuke reached to grab my hand but I pulled away. My eyes burned into his.

"We're not leaving until you answer me Daisuke! How the hell do you have my bracelet?" I said.

"It was found in the rubble of your old home." He said.

My body began to shake, the bracelet dancing in my hand. I covered my mouth with my other hand and let out a sob. Before I could fall to my knees, Daisuke catches me and walks me over to his bed. He sits me down and I cover my face with my hands, still holding on the the bracelet.

'"I have a surprise for you (y/n)." My father said. He pulls out of his pocket a beautiful bracelet with different types of charms. My mother stand next to him, smiling as I gaze at it. A huge smile forms on my face as I hold the bracelet. I observed all the different charms.

"Each charm each has its own story. The ice cream is from us going to the carnival, a ballet shoe for your first recital, a magnifying glass for your love of detective books..." My mom said.

I tear up, grabbing both of them and pulling them into a hug.

"I love it! Thank you so much! I can't wait to add more!" I said

My parents both laughed, returning the hug.'

I look up at the bracelet and notice the new charm added to it. It was a masquerade mask. I look up at Daisuke and as I stare at him, my heart starts to pound harder and harder.

'He added a charm?'

Daisuke reaches over and with his thumb, he wipes under my eyes wear the tears fell. I continue to gaze at him, my mind turning fuzzy. I grab his hand and hold onto it. He looks down at my lips and I do the same to him. I wasn't sure where my mind was at. He starts to lean in, and I follow his lead. Before our lips could meet, I stop myself and turn away.

"I can't." I said.

Daisuke clears his throat and turns away from me. He stands up and buttons up his shirt. He goes to grab a tie and before he could attempt to tie it, I walk over and help him. He avoids my eyes as I fix the tie and pat it down. I sigh, not knowing what to do.

"Daisuke..." I said.

"It's fine. We should get ready to go. Are you ready for tonight?" He said.

I frown, taking a few steps back. I look down at the bracelet and lock it onto my wrist.

"I am now." I said.

************************

We arrive at Onisha's home, similar to Daisuke's in size but not as beautiful in my opinion. The place is crowded with people but I stick close to Daisuke as we make our way inside and find our way to the bar. Daisuke grabs a whisky while I take a beer.

"A beer?" He said.

I shrug my shoulders, taking a drink.

"Believe it or not I can be laid back." I said.

He grins, taking a swig of his drink. I search around for Onisha. I still haven't seen him yet. Daisuke raises his eyebrow at me.

"You're being a little too obvious you know." He said.

"We're here on business, not to actually party." I whisper.

"So much for you being laid back." He said.

I take his drink and chug it. I hand him back the empty cup and give him a fake smile. He laughs, grabbing my beer and chugging it. My eyes widen, watching him smirk at me as he holds the empty cups.

"You're an ass." I said.

"And you're in need of another drink. I'll be back." He said.

He walks away and as he does, a familiar face walks over to me. I smile flirtatiously and brush some of my hair behind me.

"Mr. Onisha. Thank you so much for the invitation." I said.

Onisha smirks at me, grabbing my hand and kissing it.

"I'm so glad you could make it. You've been on my mind ever since the auction. Where is your boyfriend?" He said.

He continued to hold my hand. I rub my fingers on his palm, causing his grin to grow wider.

"He went to go get drinks, but I'm sure he'll be a bit. There is a big line." I said.

I bite my lower lip, gazing into his eyes. I wanted to wipe that smug look off his face but I kept up with the ruse. Onisha pulls me up against his body, his hand snaking down to my lower back.

"He must be stupid to leave a gorgeous woman like yourself unattended. Who knows who could waltz in and steer you away.." He whispered in my ear.

I lean into his ear and breath slowly.

"I'd love to get something to drink.."

Onisha pulls away and licks his lips. He glances at my body and takes my hand, leading me up the stairs. I glance behind me and see Daisuke staring daggers up at me. He held 2 drinks in his hands and looked pissed. My heart sank. I felt guilty doing this, but I had to do this. I won't let anyone stand in my way. Onisha will die by my hands tonight, even if it means risking my life.