Is it karma?

Mama's POV

Sometimes I wonder if the universe was testing me or something. Or maybe this was my karma? I need to call up my mom and ask her how I was as a kid/toddler. There's no way that the universe made my soul mate this damn bad. I mean this little girl never fails to impress me, whenever I think that she can't possibly be any worst, it's like I hear the devil chuckles in my ears.

Even though we all know that I wouldn't trade my baby for anything in this world, I find myself asking the "why me" question way too often.

Amori wasn't always like this. I made the mistake of letting her get away with too much over the years and now I have to suffer the consequences. Then y'all wonder why I smoke so much damn weed.

I'm currently in the kitchen cooking up some spaghetti per Amori's request. As I'm cutting up my onions, peppers, tomatoes and all my other ingredients she came into the kitchen asking if she could help. I put her on sausage cutting duty so she could have something to do before I actually started cooking. She knows she's not allowed in my kitchen once I turn my stove on.

After taking her sweet ass time cutting up the sausages I told her thank you and brought her to the sink to help her wash her hands.

"Whats next mama?" I pretend like I was thinking for a moment "mmm I think that's all of now baby, I'll call you when it's done so you can help me make the plates, okay my baby girl?"

She just ignored me looking around the kitchen for something else to do. Stubborn ass...

"Amori did you hear me?" she looked at me and shook her head putting her fingers in her mouth. Ew, I've still yet to break her out of that habit.

"See, yea this is one of the many reasons why you have to leave Mama's kitchen" I gently took her hand trying to take her to the living room to watch tv until I was done. Nope!

"Mama I wanna stay and help you, I'm a big girl I know how to cook"

"When have you ever cooked?" I asked chuckling.

"All the time, you love my cooking, and piggy loves my cooking too" hearing her saying her stuffie's name I knew she was talking about her play kitchen.

"I'm sorry baby you're right, you wanna go make piggy and I some food in your kitchen?" I asked nicely.

"But... But we're already making spaghetti in your kitchen" I sigh.. lord please don't do this to me!

"Okay here's what we are going to do boo" gentle parenting, gentle parenting, gentle parenting. That is the mantra I'm trying to repeat in my head. "For today ONLY I'm going to allow you to sit at the island right here and watch me cook ok? My phone is right here if you need it and if you want you can go get piggy so he can watch too"

"Okay mama, I sit here and watch you. Piggy sleeping so I leave him alone"

"Alrighty, no piggy, just Amori and mama" said giving her a little peck on her lips. That made her blush, I swear she wanna be up under me 25/8. But can I blame her? I meannn.....
.......
I already had my pasta boiling, garlic bread in the oven, and a little bowl of side salad for myself.

"This is going great so far" I thought to myself. Though Amori kept getting up to peek over at what I'm doing. She hasn't really done much to bother me.

Maybe I spoke too soon because as soon as I put my pan on the stove with cooking oil getting ready to fry up my veggies and sausages, that's when the little demon tried to intervene. Can we talk about bad timing?!?

"Baby,  please don't do this, I thought we had a deal" I said sounding sad. Maybe she'll feel bad for me and not be a badass.

Tuh!!

I poured the sausages into the hot oil waiting for them to brown on one side so I can flip them over.

Of course, Amori decided to pick up the thongs to flip the sausage herself.

"Hey! Hey! Back up, don't you see that the oil is popping?"

"I help" she whined. Yup, I'm definitely getting tested.

"Noooo" I snatched the tongs from her little hand and she snatched them back instantly. I popped her on the back of her hand and snatched it back from her for the second time.

Amori screamed at the top of her lungs "we don't snatch things in this house" oooh so she wants to use my words against me.

I sucked the teeth and rolled my eyes. "Baby please get out of the kitchen it's too dangerous, you can help mommy to dish the food out. I'll call you when I'm ready"

That DIDNT help because she stomped and hit her thighs really hard. I heard the pop so I knew that had to have hurt. That made her start crying even more but I just act as if I didn't see or hear anything.

That made her even more mad so she throw herself on the floor throwing her body back way too hard causing her head to hit the floor with a big tub. She screamed out in pain.

To be honest, normally I would run to her aid and make sure that she was okay. But today, I don't even feel sorry for her because she did it to herself.

After still not saying anything to her and leaving her there for about 5 minutes. I finally decided to turn the stove off and go get her just in case she had really hurt herself. I grab her up and place my hand on the back of her head secretly checking it because I don't want her to start crying even harder if I tried to baby her. I know, I might sound cruel but I know Amori like the back of my hands. I placed her on the sofa still not saying a word to her, then went back into the kitchen and got an ice pack.

I turned her on her stomach and place the ice pack on the back of her head so it wouldn't form a knot. This made her cry out even more, she tried to grab it off but I quickly snatch her arms pinning them to her sides. I gave her the warning look and went back to finish dinner.

After I was done, the baby was still sniffing and silently crying. I went over to her and took the now thawed out ice pack from her head. I felt it and realized that she indeed already had a knot there. She winched at my touch, okay now I feel like a bad mommy. I sat down above her head and she turned her head away. Okay, I deserved that. I went to pick her up and she started fighting me.

"Awwww boba, are you mad at your mommy?" She didn't answer me "look baby I'm so so sorry okay, but you could've hurt yourself in the kitchen and I didn't want that. But then again you DID end up hurting yourself in the kitchen so..." I sighed gently placing her head on my arm laying her down "I'm sorry for ignoring you and your pain okay?"

Nothing.....

II started kissing her face and her neck hoping she'll smile. Still nothing, so maybe I KINDA fucked up.

TO BE CONTINUED.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote & comment, please:)

Excuse all errors.

This chapter took me a while to write because today was my only day off and I was doing my hair in between writing this, I even fell asleep a few times.

I promise that not all chapters will be about Amori misbehaving. Cute calm Amori will make an appearance soon.

How did you like this chapter?

How do you feel about Amori being so stubborn?

How do you feel about mama ignoring her for a little bit?

Favorite part of this chapter?

Dislikes?

Anything that you'd like to see in future chapters?

As always, thanks for reading my babies♥️.