l.a. ~ see trust

D3
Y/n's house, Minneapolis
Thursday, 1996
00:42 a.m.

•••
"Why won't you to date anyone?"

"I'm just scared, honestly." I said.

"To get your heart broken?" He asked. "Well, that and everything else."

"What's everything else?"

"All the first dates, first kisses, first time meeting their parents and bringing them to my house to meet my parents. It's all scary and I just think I'm not ready for it." I said. "But those times are fun! It's memories, it's great times." Said Les.

"I know. But I haven't told you the main reason." I said.

"The main reason is because it's a traumatic experience I am scared to experience again."

"Whoa, what happened? Unless, you don't want to talk about it." I said.

"Well, I was an absolute whore when I was just 13! I never even dated anyone and I was talking to different guys at the same time, I was flirting withe everyone, some fell in love with me..." I explained. "Until I realized I can't keep this up and cut off all my connection and closed my social life up."

Les sat there, I had no idea what reaction was on his face.

"Ever since then, I tried to keep away from dating and just focus on hockey and not falling in love." I said.

"Oh my god, you had to live 2 years of that?" He asked. "Just shutting everything out?"

I nodded. "What if someone else asked you out?" "Well, I politely decline or lie that I'm busy and say 'maybe another time'." I said.

"Yeah. Until now, I'm trying to just... Find myself cause I thought I'd know who I am by now when I was a kid, but I still haven't."  "Well, you're a hockey player!"

I chuckled. "I guess you're right. I just still feel lost." I said with a slightly cracked voice.

"Well, maybe you just need some help finding yourself. I'm pretty sure everyone does and I'm very sure I can help you." He said.

I smiled. "You're right. Maybe I do need a little help." "Will you let me help you?" He asked.

"Who else am I gonna ask? The cops?" I said making him laugh.

"Thanks by the way. I don't usually share that with anyone."

"It was my pleasure." He said. "Your pleasure? You were gonna tell on me, were you? Oh my god-" "No! No! That's not what I meant! I meant- I was happy to talk to you too!" He said.

I chuckled. "I'm kidding. I know you wouldn't but you never know who to trust until you see it." I said.

"Well, you'll see my trust. Then, you'll know." He said.

•••

I just saw a "Parasite" edit and I'm shaking. WHY THE FUCK DOES THAT GUY HAVE TO JUST STARE LIKE THAT. HE NEEDS HIDING LESSONS FROM A TEENAGER WTF. DUMBASS FUCKIN-

WHY I WAS JUST HAVING A GREAT NIGHT UNTIL THAT POPPED UP ON MY FYP.