a.b. ~ performance

D3
Auditorium, Eden Hall
Wednesday, 1996
10:08 a.m.

•••
• ADAM'S POV •
"Guys look! There's gonna be a performance."

"Sounds cool, what is it?" I asked. "A dance." Says Connie.

"We should take a look! I mean, I'd like to see what this school's got for a dance." Says Averman. "I'm in." Says Connie and more of us agreed to go see the performance.

"What about you, Banksie?" Charlie asked. "I guess I'll go too." I said.

•••

It was time for the dance and we all came and sat together.

Before the big dance performance, there was a small opening performance of a choir. It was nice but I was looking forward to the dance more.

Then, the lights dimmed down, then white light flashed, almost blinding me but I got used to it as it kept going.

And there came out a dancer and more came in and it all looked very cool.

While looking at the dancing, I noticed a girl that was dancing too on the stage. The reason I noticed her was because she was utterly gorgeous.

I felt like talking to her after the performance but I'm a nervous wreck and I haven't asked someone out in a long time.

After the show was over we all stood up to leave.

"That was so cool! Now I feel like dancing more than hockey." Averman jokes.

I saw the girl get off the stage and talk to her friends.

"Hey guys, I'll catch up with you later." I said and they all nodded and I went after her.

She was smiling happily, it seemed like she was happy the dance went on successfully. Then, her friends left her and she walked my way but she wasn't looking straight at me.

Once I finally got to her, I said, "Hey."

"Oh hi!" She said. "Great dance, by the way. You're very good. What other dance style can you do?" I asked, trying to create an interesting conversation with her.

"I did ballet once but I prefer contemporary more. Thanks for watching our performance." She said. "Yeah, me and my friends just wanted to join this school's events since we're all new." I said.

"Oh you're new! No wonder I've never seen your face before. You must be the Ducks right? The one that got scholarships here?" She asked.

"Yep. That's right. None of us really knew much about dancing but we wanted to watch anyway." I said. "Cool. I'm Y/n." She said, taking her hand out.

"Adam. Banks." I said, shaking her hand.

"Nice name. Anyway, I'll see you sometime later! I gotta get going!" She said, walking quickly by me.

"Well, could I at least ask you out for a coke?" I shouted since she was far away.

She smiled. "Sure Banks! Just look for me and tell me when!" She said then left.

I felt butterflies all inside of me, I felt really happy that I pulled a girl and especially a girl that was very pretty.

•••

Directing for a play/short film is hard when you've got a class that won't cooperate w u and other students that are sick