WELCOME TO THE INTERCONTINENTAL EXPRESS

there's a memory of how we used to be

IT'S 1947, and the globe is still buoyant after the end of the second World War. Parties are common, money is being made, and the rich are off to explore Europe while they can. It's a grand time to be alive, and everyone who can is enjoying the hell out of it.

INCLUDING nine passengers boarding the Intercontinental Express one cold January afternoon in Paris, France. The end destination? Athens, Greece, the playground of the gods. While some passengers are traveling together, most are strangers to one another, each taking first-class sleepers aboard the opulent train.

JOINING them is a well-known detective, fresh off a case and ready for a vacation wherever it can be found. However, two nights into the trip, as they journey through a lonely mountain pass, disaster strikes in more ways than one: an avalanche has halted the train in its tracks, and a murder has been discovered among the ten first-class passengers.

THE detective takes on the case, determined to figure out who killed this man. Was it a crime of passion? Premeditated? And why? None of the other eight passengers appear likely culprits, so all the detective's skills are needed in order to solve this case.

SO, reader. Would you like to take a ticket on the January 1947 Paris-Athens journey? Or will you too leave before our destination is reached?

 Would you like to take a ticket on the January 1947 Paris-Athens journey? Or will you too leave before our destination is reached?

forgetting lies and pain

RULES
1. Be nice! If I find any rudeness or animosity on my book, your character will be removed. I'll have none of that!
2. Fill out the form completely! I need all the information I ask for, so please don't skip any sections unless noted!
3. Be detailed! I will be unlikely to accept your OC if the personality and backstory sections are less than 5 sentences. So give me all the details you can!
4. Be diverse! I want to see characters of all genders, races, sexualities, backgrounds, etc. I know this is set in the 40's, but that's not an excuse!
5. Please make your characters at least 20+! I will be accepting no children for this applyfic. Face claims should have gifs and images from historical films/shows.
6. Unlike my other applyfics, this does have roles to apply for. These are: the Murdered (taken), the Detective, the First-Class Passengers (8 available), the Staff (those working on the train), and the Others (could be other passengers, those working for first-class passengers, etc.). If you want, you can make a couple traveling together, or someone working for another OC!
7. Each of the first-class passengers (and maybe more people!) is connected to the Lacey family in some way. Be sure to think about this! If you want, you can take inspiration from the original.
8. If you're familiar with Murder on the Orient Express, great! You have an idea of how this will go. Please do not spoil the story for those who don't know!
9. Be sure to tag people! It's not required, but this story requires quite a few characters, so go for it!
10. The password is to tell me your favorite Christie novel! If you don't have one, tell me your favorite murder mystery novel instead.
11. Ask me if you have any questions! I'd be happy to answer them. I'm sure I left something out, so feel free to ask!

 I'm sure I left something out, so feel free to ask!

this is the point of no return

FORM

FULL NAME [including a middle name, if they have one. please be historically accurate if possible]
NICKNAME(S) [if any]
AGE
ROLE [detective, staff, first-class passenger, or other (if other, explain)]
GENDER & PRONOUNS
SEXUALITY
FACE CLAIM
BACKUP FACE CLAIM
BIRTHPLACE AND DATE [year of birth not required]
PERSONALITY
STRENGTHS [at least three]
WEAKNESSES [at least three]
BACKSTORY
FAMILY [name, relation to your oc, age]
CONNECTION TO THE LACEY FAMILY [be detailed if necessary]
REASON TO HATE ARTHUR DERMOTT [optional—only first-class passengers are required to fill this out, though others may if they wish. may be connected to the above]
LOVE INTEREST? [mostly to determine if any passengers are romantically involved. you can have your character be in a relationship with dermott]
OKAY WITH THEM BEING INJURED?
THEME SONG
AESTHETIC
QUOTE(S)
PASSWORD
TAGS

 you can have your character be in a relationship with dermott]OKAY WITH THEM BEING INJURED?THEME SONGAESTHETICQUOTE(S)PASSWORDTAGS

tsabins
Coruscant_Cosmonaut
blythering
curiosityanddreams
havnted-mansi0ns

( layout inspired by foxfears )
( story based on Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie )