II

__________________________________________

Back to School and Unwelcome Surprises
__________________________________________

The 1st of September came around far to quickly, and soon everyone was rushing around, making sure they had everything to go back to school.
The Potter manor, in particular, was absolutely hectic on this morning with Euphemia and Fleamont making sure all three kids had everything.

"I do not want to get a letter from you again this year, James, saying you forgot something!" Euphemia shouted up to James, knowing that he will still forget something.

"I won't mum! Don't worry." James shouted back, just shoving things into his trunk at last minute.

You could hear Lyra laughing from down the hall, in Sirius' room, at the conversation happening between her mum and brother. Lyra was helping Sirius pack his trunk, as she had done hers the night before, and felt bad for Sirius.

"Oh shut up Lyra. Just cause you're so perfect and do it the night before. Also why are you helping him and not me, your poor, loving brother." James shouted at Lyra, still frantically chucking everything and anything into his trunk.

"That's because I'm better than you!" Sirius replied, wanting to get on James' nerves.

"Nobody asked you, Sirius!"

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Eventually, the Potters and Sirius made it to the station, somehow with 10 minutes to spare. "You three be good now, I don't need anymore letters coming home from either McGonagall or Slughorn saying that you've blown something up." Euphemia scolded the kids, all three of them just looking up at her with innocent smiles.

"Don't worry Mia, I'll keep these two in check." Sirius replied, throwing his arms around the siblings' shoulders. Lyra pushed him off with a scoff.

"You're the worse of us all Sirius. If anyone is to keep the others in check, it'll be me." Lyra said, smirking as Sirius placed his hand over his heart dramatically in false hurt. She rolled her eyes and pushed him playfully, laughing as he went tumbling into James.

"I don't care who keeps who in check, just try not to get into too much trouble this year." Euphemia smiled at her kids, not being able to help but notice the clear connection and obvious feelings that was between her daughter and Sirius.

"I'm sure they'll be fine Mia." Fleamont said, placing his hand on his wife's shoulder.

"Exactly, dad gets it. We'll be as good as we can, mum, promise." James said, hoping that would please his mum.

"Okay, well you three best get going. Come here." Euphemia pulled them all into a hug, before letting them go and watching as they walked away to the train.