XII

__________________________________________

Bad Start to a New Year
__________________________________________

"What the hell?" Hope whispered. She was confused. She never told any of them where she was going that night. Suddenly it hit Hope, they must've had Freya do a locator spell.

"Seriously what the fuck are they doing here?" Marlene spat out angrily. Lyra just stood, frozen, watching as they made their way through the room.

"They must've used a spell to find me. I'm sorry Lyra, I should've cloaked myself." Hope felt really bad for being the reason her family were there. She should've known they wouldn't have let her go out without them knowing.

"It's not your fault Hope. You couldn't have known." Lily reassured the Mikaelson tribrid.

"Are you okay, Lyra?" Alice asked sweetly, noticing how Lyra hadn't taken her eyes off of the family.

"Why can't they just leave me alone?" Lyra spoke up shakily.

After a few moments, the Mikaelsons spotted Hope stood by Lyra and made their way over to the girls.

The boys had moved away from the girls during the night, but as they spotted the Mikaelson family making their way over to the girls, they immediately rushed over to them.

Almost immediately, Sirius wrapped his arms around Lyra giving her comfort. She wrapped her arms around his waist in response, hugging him tightly as she buried her head into his chest.

"Hope! Why did you leave without telling anyone?" Hayley asked as they made their way closer.

"Because I didn't want you to know where I was." Hope responded, rolling her eyes.

"You should've told us, Hope." Elijah spoke up, reprimanding her.

"Well now you know where she is, you can leave." Marlene sassed, bringing their attention to her.

"I think we should like to stay. Quite the party that's going on. Couldn't invite your own family, Lyra?" Klaus spoke, putting all his attention on the red haired girl, who was still hugging Sirius.

As Klaus spoke, Lyra tightened her hold on Sirius. He felt so sorry for the girl in his arms. She didn't deserve this.

"You are not my family." Lyra defiantly spoke. Her voice was strong but on the inside she felt weak. She hated how much they affected her.