Exam Stress - L!Tommy CG!Wilbur (irl)

I got the inspiration for this after spending 1/3 of my mock exam crying over not knowing anything about the content in the paper lmao

the basic gist of this is Tommy gets upset after doing bad on a test and Wilbur is there to help :]

~~~~

Tommy smiled at his teacher as she led him to his seat, it wasn't an actual exam, just a mock but the college was treating it as much as a proper exam as they could. He felt fairly confident about his knowledge of the subject but as he opened his paper he felt his heart completely drop, realising he had revised all the wrong content and this was what he had been struggling with the most in the subject.

The exam was two hours long and Tommy spent about 50% of the time silently on and off crying over the content he didn't understand - which was most of it, unfortunately.

Tommy was looking forward to it being the end of half term and spending his week off with his (metaphorical) older brother and caregiver, Wilbur. His crying hadn't made him slip but his headache wasn't going anywhere and the sight of his caregiver sitting in the car made him slip to a child and he became slightly tearful again.

Wilbur noticed how quiet the boy was immediately but decided against saying anything about it in fear it would make things worse, so he just switched the music over to some Undertale music seeing as Tommy loved the soundtrack when both big and little so no matter the mindset, he would be okay with the music. Tommy was sat with his bag in his lap, hugging it for dear life with tearful eyes and a sniffly nose which Wilbur took a bit to pick up on but when he did he started brainstorming plans to make sure Tommy had the nicest evening tonight as well as a good week with him, he didn't want his little in any sort of negative mood.

As soon as they got to Wilbur's house, Tommy ran up to the spare room - which was basically his at this point - and broke down as soon as the door was shut and he had his stuffie out of his bag. Wilbur decided to let the boy let his emotions out while he went over his plan for the evening, he grabbed as many blankets as he could find in his house, pulled his sofa-bed out so it was a bed, and set up a cosy blanket and pillow nest big enough for the two of them. He made sure he was logged into Disney+ and went to prepare snacks and warm angel milk the way Tommy liked it.

Tommy was still in his room, sobbing into his stuffed cow on his bed. He was very upset over the fact he didn't revise properly and couldn't answer enough questions to pass the mock. He went in so confidently and left halfway through a breakdown and a massive need for a hug and a good nap.

Wilbur had set up the nest and Disney+, he laid out a few plates of snacks including crisps, sweets, and sandwiches, and had a jug of angel milk in the microwave so he could ask Tommy if he wanted a bottle or a sippy cup.

Wilbur made his way upstairs and was met with sobs and hiccups that he could hear from outside the door. He knocked gently and with no answer, he opened the door to see the heartbreaking sight of Tommy curled up on his bed sobbing into his stuffed cow.

He sat on the bed and started stroking the little's back for comfort, Tommy shot up and moved to sob into Wilbur's chest instead, which had calmed down and turned into frequent sniffles and hiccups.

"Do you wanna head downstairs and watch TV bub?" Wilbur asked as gently as he could, to which Tommy responded with a nod and another hiccup. Keeping his head dug into Wilbur's shoulder, he was picked up and taken downstairs, holding up two fingers when asked his age.

Wilbur walked into the kitchen and grabbed a yellow bottle with mooblooms over it, reheated the milk, and filled the bottle (all one-handed). When they walked into the living room, a gasp left Tommy's mouth as he saw the setup Wilbur had made for the two of them.

They had sat down, Tommy now with a pacifier in his mouth after finishing his bottle, and were halfway through up when Tommy started to fidget his way into Wilbur's lap, burying his head into the older's chest and mumbling out a very muffled but sweet "thank you" before passing out fully for the night.