Chapter 14

That night I had worn a simple black off the shoulder dress that high-low style the front hit mid-thigh and the back hit at my knee with some simple black heels

That night I had worn a simple black off the shoulder dress that high-low style the front hit mid-thigh and the back hit at my knee with some simple black heels. I wore my hair down and wavy. As I pulled in the driveway and parked I got a text message.

>I am so bored at this dinner party at Harlan's. I wish you were here.< Ransom's text said and I laughed to myself.

>Well I am getting ready to have dinner with my friend. So I will text you tonight. Behave Clydesdale.< I sent off and I could hear him groan.

I got out of the car and knocked on the door. Richard came to the door and looked at me shocked.

"What are you doing here?" He asked in a quiet voice.

"Harlan invited me." I said and Richard took a step towards me and I took a step back.
"You aren't welcome here." Richard said.

"Ask Harlan." I said and Richard groaned.

"Richard, is there a problem?" Harlan asked coming up to the door and I smiled when I saw him.

"Ah! My date is here! Let her in Richard." Harlan said and I walked in when Richard moved. Harlan held out his arm and I linked my arm in his. We walked into the sitting room and everyone looked, including Ransom.

"My date had arrived. I think you all know Tiffany." Harlan said and everyone smiled at me.

"Well I wasn't sure who this surprise date was but I must say, she is a good pick." Linda said and I smiled. I felt Richard standing behind me, closely and he placed a hand on my back.

"Would you like something to drink?" Richard asked and I felt his hand going lower and I shifted slightly and Ransom noticed.

"Father, sit down. I will get her something to drink." Ransom said standing up. Harlan walked me over and sat me next to where Ransom was and Harlan sat on the other side of me.

"Tiff, that dress is adorable." Joni, Linda's sister-in-law said.

"It's Tiffany, Joni." Linda said and Joni just rolled her eyes.

"Thank you Joni." I said being polite as Ransom came over with a glass of scotch.

"Thank you." I said smiling at him as he eyeballed his dad with anger. I let my fingers touched Ransom's and he looked at me and gave a small wink.

"So how is it working for Linda, is she good to you?" Harlan asked and I gave a small laugh.

"Of course she is, I love working for Linda." I said smiling at Linda.

"Linda I need you to treat her horrible so she leaves to work for me." Harlan said and we all laughed.

"Dad, you really are trying to take her form me?" Linda asked.