Chapter 16

It was Friday night and it was time for dinner at Harlan's. We were wanting to go out to a restaurant but when Ransom told Harlan we were telling Linda about us and Richard, he insisted on doing it at his house. I wore a pair of black jeans, mint green camisole and a black sweater and black boots. The sweater hid my wrist and I was thankful it did. I had called off work Friday and Linda wished me to get better and said she would see me on Monday. Ransom pulled up to Harlan's house and I looked seeing Linda's car knowing they were there.

"I don't know if I can confront him Ransom." I said and he grabbed my hand, kissing it.

"No matter what I am on your side and so is Harlan." Ransom said and I nodded. Ransom got out of the car and then came around and opened up my door. We walked to the front door hand in hand.

"Please don't let go of my hand Ransom." I said and he shook his head.

"I wouldn't dream of it gorgeous." Ransom said and I smiled. He opened the door and we walked in knowing they would be at the dining room table already. It was how we set up the time with Harlan. As we walked in I heard Richard's voice.

"That shit called us here for the damn dinner and he cant even show up." Richard said and Ransom growled.

"Hey, stay calm." I said and he took a deep breath. We walked into the dining room. Linda and Richard looked at us and then saw us holding hands.

"Ransom, Tiffany...." Linda said seeing us and I saw Richard's eyes about bug out of his head.

"What is going on?" Richard asked.

"We may as well tell it all now." I saw to Ransom and he nodded.

"Okay well first things first Ransom and I have been seeing each other for a while. We just recently started actually dating but every day I would go to the coffee shop I would see him and we would talk." I said and I could see Linda's face tensing up.

"Ransom was also the one sending me the flowers." I spoke up and Linda groaned.

"I told you both to stay away from each other." Linda said and Ransom snorted as did Harlan. It was in that moment I realized how alike they were.

"They're adults Linda. I think they are a perfect fit." Harlan said and I smiled at him.

"There's more." I said and Linda looked shocked.

"What else could there be?" Linda asked. I looked at the floor and I couldn't say it so Ransom did.

"Your husband is a fucking asshole prick who doesn't understand how to keep his hands to himself." Ransom said and looked at Richard.

"What are you talking about?" Richard asked and I looked at him. Ransom squeezed my hand and I knew I had to be the one to do this.

"You know exactly what I am talking about. The night of Linda's party, the office, the unwanted touching and then Thursday at the house." I said and Linda looked thoroughly confused and I gripped Ransom's hand a little tighter.

"What are you talking about?!" Linda asked standing up from her chair.

"The night of your birthday party, when I left the bathroom I was forced into the library being called a tease and Richard felt me up. Then at the office he threatened to make my life a living hell if I told so I have been staying silent through all of the unwanted touching. Thursday when you had me run that paperwork to you house Richard grabbed my wrist, pinned me against the wall, ripped my blouse and forcibly kissed me. I didn't come back to work because I was sick I didn't come back because I couldn't face you in the state I was in." I said to Linda.

"She is lying! Nothing but a slut!" Richard yelled. Ransom released my hand and rushed over to Richard.

"What did you just call her?!" Ransom asked grabbing Richard by the neck of his shirt.